leveling hunter: agility or hit chance
hi all,

I am playing a worgen hunter marksman for a while. He's 42 atm. I'm having a few doubts about gear that falls into my lap while questing.
I had a drop last night which gives me a +3 agility boost compared to what I am wearing. Downside is I lose a +6 to hit rating.

Is the +3 agility worth giving up 6 hit rating?

I'm not experienced enough to know which stat is more important. I don't have a lot of time to play these days, so it's questing ans exploring the scenery for the worgen. I'm not going for PvP or dungeons until I have more time.

oh and by the way: Lupinio (my worgen) is a poor bloke. Going to the AH to look for specific gear items is not his style. He just can't afford it. I don't want to waste the time I have to play on farming. He has skinning leatherworking for professions and basically levels both by killing and skinning whatever shows itself on the road to quests.
(02-26-2011, 07:58 AM)Jane Wrote: hi all,

I am playing a worgen hunter marksman for a while. He's 42 atm. I'm having a few doubts about gear that falls into my lap while questing.
I had a drop last night which gives me a +3 agility boost compared to what I am wearing. Downside is I lose a +6 to hit rating.

Is the +3 agility worth giving up 6 hit rating?

I'm not experienced enough to know which stat is more important. I don't have a lot of time to play these days, so it's questing ans exploring the scenery for the worgen. I'm not going for PvP or dungeons until I have more time.

oh and by the way: Lupinio (my worgen) is a poor bloke. Going to the AH to look for specific gear items is not his style. He just can't afford it. I don't want to waste the time I have to play on farming. He has skinning leatherworking for professions and basically levels both by killing and skinning whatever shows itself on the road to quests.

Check your miss chance in your character sheet to see whether you need the +hit or not. If you are hit capped against mobs of the level you are fighting, extra +hit does nothing for you. My guess though is that you probably are not hit capped and could use the +hit.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Shocked 
[/quote]

Check your miss chance in your character sheet to see whether you need the +hit or not. If you are hit capped against mobs of the level you are fighting, extra +hit does nothing for you. My guess though is that you probably are not hit capped and could use the +hit.
[/quote]

thnx for the advice LavCat.
So I should go for + hit over agility until I reach hit cap. Did I get that right?
Just to make sure: hit capped means having a 0% miss chance?
Honestly, with the way that the game is balanced right now, there isn't going to be much of a discernible difference between the two pieces.

I normally while leveling took the pieces that were more primary stats. I don't care about sencondary stats until I get closer to cap, right now, and with that, it would be ~80 because of reforging.

I have a low level warrior that I'm leveling as a tank in dungeons, and I wear whatever has the most stamina. If it has dodge/parry, great, if it has crit, great, if it has stamina, great. Low level PvE isn't balanced at this point about being hit capped / EXP cap / ETC...

Hit Capped means that you will have a 0% chance to miss when mousing over your tooltip for the level of mobs that you are fighting. Most people shoot for +3 levels when talking about hit cap, because that hit caps them at max level against Raid Bosses. If you are leveling, you can probably shoot for something similar if hit cap is really something that you want to worry.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
(02-26-2011, 01:10 PM)shoju Wrote: Honestly, with the way that the game is balanced right now, there isn't going to be much of a discernible difference between the two pieces.

I normally while leveling took the pieces that were more primary stats. I don't care about sencondary stats until I get closer to cap, right now, and with that, it would be ~80 because of reforging.

I have a low level warrior that I'm leveling as a tank in dungeons, and I wear whatever has the most stamina. If it has dodge/parry, great, if it has crit, great, if it has stamina, great. Low level PvE isn't balanced at this point about being hit capped / EXP cap / ETC...

Hit Capped means that you will have a 0% chance to miss when mousing over your tooltip for the level of mobs that you are fighting. Most people shoot for +3 levels when talking about hit cap, because that hit caps them at max level against Raid Bosses. If you are leveling, you can probably shoot for something similar if hit cap is really something that you want to worry.

thank you for the advice :-)