darn heavy leather
hi lurkers,

I have been skinning whetever comes my way since I started my worgen character but I find myself in an annoying situation. I NEEEEED heavy leather to level up my leatherworking, but I keep getting thick and rugged leather from the creatures that just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I guess the 160 + thick leathers will come in handy later on, but for now they are just taking up bank space.

I checked to AH on my server but heavy leather seems to be a very rare commodity.

Any suggestions as to where a lvl 50-ish worgen hunter could farm some heavy leather without falling asleep?
I have a lot of zones on my to do list and I 'd rather go someplace I haven't been before. Nice scenery is a plus. Taking up some fun (lowbie) quests while farming would be a plus too (as far as the not falling asleep part is concerned).
You did not say where you have been so far. Try this link for the mobs that yield heavy leather when skinned.
http://www.wowhead.com/item=4234#skinned-from:0+3-2-9+1
Mob level for the heavy leather looks to be in the 26 to 45 bracket.

I am not sure how the quest areas stack up now, but I used to like to frequent some of the quest areas where there were several quest to kill mobs from a list like this when I needed a particular type of leather. Weekends were usually best as there could be a lot of activity of questing without a lot of the mobs being skinned.
(04-13-2011, 11:13 PM)Jane Wrote: I have been skinning whetever comes my way since I started my worgen character but I find myself in an annoying situation. I NEEEEED heavy leather to level up my leatherworking

Pre Cataclysm I farmed heavy leather from the unfortunate gorillas who were right outside of Booty Bay. I do not know if they still live there.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
I've only worked my way through in Dustwallow March, so taking a pick from the other zones. I was planning to go to Desolace to check out the vending machines anyway, so that will be my first stop.
(04-14-2011, 12:31 AM)Ruvanal Wrote: Mob level for the heavy leather looks to be in the 26 to 45 bracket.

This may come in handy, zone level range map posted on the news of MMO-Champion awhile back.

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/new...elflow.jpg
ERAU QSSI DLRO WEHT