Real Life Member Meetup
(04-23-2011, 04:04 PM)--Pete Wrote: Hi,

(04-23-2011, 07:43 AM)NuurAbSaal Wrote: Distance to Melbourne: 9813mi
Distance to Las Vegas: 5921mi

And it's 25,689,592,880,812mi to Alpha Centauri (give or take a few feet). Compared to that, Melbourne and Las Vegas are across the hall. Wink

(04-23-2011, 12:41 PM)Sabra Wrote: Not going anywhere if one of the attendees is spraying milk out of her tits.

I'll bring Elsie with me to LV!!!

Unless, of course, her name is Elsie.

(04-23-2011, 12:41 PM)Sabra Wrote:
(04-22-2011, 06:58 PM)--Pete Wrote: 3. Be good.
Please define Rule 3. Heart

It's all a matter of interpretation. Behave well, or behave badly with flair. Either works. Wink

--Pete

[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
(04-23-2011, 04:04 PM)--Pete Wrote: Hi,

(04-23-2011, 07:43 AM)NuurAbSaal Wrote: Distance to Melbourne: 9813mi
Distance to Las Vegas: 5921mi

And it's 25,689,592,880,812mi to Alpha Centauri (give or take a few feet). Compared to that, Melbourne and Las Vegas are across the hall. Wink

--Pete

Well, thanks for cheering me up, but I wasn't planning to go to Alpha Centauri this year, what with the € being were it is. Also I hear that their spas aren't really up to par. Then there's the whole thing of there most likely not being any planets anyway. Smile

Now Melbourne or Vegas would have been nice, have been to both cities already once and despite not really enjoying the Vegas suburbs (if you can call them that), I'd like to see both again. If they released or euthanized the bears in the Melbourne Zoo first, that would be a bonus Sad.

So anyway. Keep this thread alive!

take care
Tarabulus

P.S.: The fridge actually IS across the hall. This is both good and bad. Damn you Easter chocolates! Perhaps I should nuke it.
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
(04-22-2011, 01:41 PM)RTM Wrote:
(04-22-2011, 04:04 AM)samusaran253 Wrote: I have an idea that I'm sharing with a few of the communities I go to,

Dang son, that's a lot of communities!
My thoughts exactly. Besides, as Alliance, I'd want to go to both the Canada and US meetings, but alas, I don't play laser tag. Where would the Horde meet? I miss our meet ups in Goldshire... I need a gaming PC soon!

”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Annnyyyway, Sabra IS right you know, this samusaran253 guy is most definitely a bot, so I'm gonna issue a ban.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Hi,

(04-26-2011, 02:11 AM)Bolty Wrote: Annnyyyway, Sabra IS right you know, this samusaran253 guy is most definitely a bot, so I'm gonna issue a ban.

Still, if this does get some actual Lurker meetings jump started, he's been a good bot. Not that he doesn't deserve termination, but maybe the prejudice doesn't have to be extreme. Wink

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

(04-26-2011, 02:11 AM)Bolty Wrote: Annnyyyway, Sabra IS right you know, this samusaran253 guy is most definitely a bot, so I'm gonna issue a ban.

Hi,

He's not a Bot, just a young man who discovered the world of Forums. "I have an idea that I'm sharing with a few of the communities I go to,"

His Profile @ Digital Spy...
Date of Birth: November 4, 1992

Posts Total Posts: 31 (1.43 posts per day)
Find all posts by samusaran253
Find all threads started by samusaran253

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
(04-27-2011, 09:42 PM)Jim Wrote: ...

He's not a Bot, just a young man who discovered the world of Forums. "I have an idea that I'm sharing with a few of the communities I go to,"

But why would you make one generic post, then spread it to (3.5 pages of links on Google) what looks like 30 or more forums? It's more than a few, and feels a bit weird. If you check, he did the same for his "Sailor Moon" question. Does he really care, or is it just a different variant of trolling or spamming? My hypothesis is that he's testing the lounge for key word searches, like "Sailor Moon", or "Real Life Meet Up". But, then again, I'm just a paranoid old data security guy.

But, check out...

+Samusaran253 +Banned

By the looks of it, he should be used to getting banned.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Not a bot.

Actually more insidious than a bot, a person that mass joins forums for the sole reason of social engineering whether that be for marketing or in an attempt to gain personal information used for malicious purposes.

It's not that hard to notice the patterns: New user joins forums and posts random inane posts with little content or reason in an attempt to ingratiate to the forum users. Then after a little while the posts become more personal. IE "User Meetup!" The purpose is to get personal information from the forum users.
Meh. He's another kid who trolls. We've seen thousands of his kind before and will see...well a few more. We can turn him into a crispy critter, thus ensuring that he gets the attention he craves or he can be IP banned.

In any case I believe Bolty takes a dim view of people circumventing a banning so I think the latter will happen soon enough.
The user meetup thing was more of a joke than anything.
Hi,

(04-28-2011, 12:46 AM)Tal Wrote: We can turn him into a crispy critter, thus ensuring that he gets the attention he craves or he can be IP banned.

Is Lent over yet? 'Cause I gave up BBQ for Lent. Wink

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?