Diablo III Beta!
For those of you who have been salivating for Diablo III. News came out during the Blizzard Earnings Call this week, that the Beta for Diablo III will start 3rd Quarter of this year. It was confirmed on the official Diablo III boards, but as with anything Blizzard, things are subject to change.

4.2 for WoW is now on the PTR! We will be going back to fight the Firelord Ragnaros this time, and lucky DPS Casters have a chance at building (yes, building not getting lucky) the DPS Legendary, Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest. Spoilers abound on the internet about it. If you don't want to be spoiled, but want to know something, I promise you, I read all spoilers, and I wish I could do the questline due to the immense cool factors involved.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
Blizzard has released a preview of the Follower System (Mercenaries in D2)

Am I the only one who thought the smuggler's tier 2 armor (trenchcoat) looks better than their tier 3 (generic fantasy armor)? Smile
[Image: d3beta.png]

Heart
The error occurred on line -1.
Beta is comming shortly, I can confiirm it.
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
(07-25-2011, 03:38 PM)nobbie Wrote: Beta is comming shortly, I can confiirm it.

By "shortly" do you mean "within a week", and by "confirm" do you mean "DeeBye gets the first beta test invite"?
I would say within 2-3 weeks (before gamescom). Wink
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
There are several people saying it will be announced very very soon. As soon as I find a date, I will try and get a post up.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
Looks pretty legit:

[Image: beatbetalarge.gif]
Flux of Diii.net has confirmed that there are massive system changes incoming, among them a complete overhaul of the skills/traits (again). The announcements will be made next Monday. The above screenshot is legit, and the exact beta date should be announced next Wednesday by Mike Morhaime during the Q2 conference call.
I can't freaking wait. I really can't.
According to a German news source from today, the D3 beta is scheduled for August 15, 2011.

EDIT:

That Twitter date is fake as Blizzard PR has confirmed.
Anything we can do to up our chances besides just being registered for beta'ing Diablo? I think I have a pound of 24kt gold around here somewhere.....
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
SO and how long does it usually take after the beta is released before the final game can be bought?
For an MMO, the typical beta-to-release time is 6-8mo, with a 3-4 week lead time from an announcement it's gone gold until it's for sale. For D3? Blizz-time.
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
well from reading everything, the FnF is already going so we may be looking for beta in few days according to FnF sources they are saying that everything is pretty solid in place and will only invite people if they want to test to see how it differentiates on machines systems, so we may not get beta if they have enough people to test it{ that was on the d3 website that i quoted, same blizz rep that also denied that FnF was not running, which later we found was due the leaks}
[Image: chandelier.gif]
[Image: greyson.jpg]
[Image: demtorch.gif]
We have at least one person in the Terenas WoW guild who got a D3 beta invite, so it must be happening soon. I don't have details, just saw it mentioned this morning.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
(07-25-2011, 03:38 PM)nobbie Wrote: Beta is comming shortly, I can confiirm it.

BETA IS OUT they sent the first wave last night
(09-07-2011, 01:57 PM)Wiccan Wrote: BETA IS OUT they sent the first wave last night

Technically just friends and family is all I've officially heard. But there is no NDA, everything can be freely shared. I think general invites are just around the corner.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3...2?page=1#4

Quote:FYI, we’re getting very close to starting the closed public beta test for Diablo III. You might start seeing some new reports about the beta client as we’ve begun limited external testing with employees and their families, and there is no non-disclosure agreement (NDA) for that. We look forward to sharing more info about the beta test in the near future. Stay tuned.

If you have a beta license, you are free to show, share, or talk about any portion of the beta content to which you have access, as this beta test is not confidential.
(09-07-2011, 03:11 PM)vor_lord Wrote:
(09-07-2011, 01:57 PM)Wiccan Wrote: BETA IS OUT they sent the first wave last night

Technically just friends and family is all I've officially heard. But there is no NDA, everything can be freely shared. I think general invites are just around the corner.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3...2?page=1#4

Quote:FYI, we’re getting very close to starting the closed public beta test for Diablo III. You might start seeing some new reports about the beta client as we’ve begun limited external testing with employees and their families, and there is no non-disclosure agreement (NDA) for that. We look forward to sharing more info about the beta test in the near future. Stay tuned.

If you have a beta license, you are free to show, share, or talk about any portion of the beta content to which you have access, as this beta test is not confidential.

they not calling that anymore there calling it the beta as of this day there {albeit there are threads that calling it but that was before they dropped the nda}more people in the beta, i think FNF Ended night before and that the reason the dropped the NDA and many people are actually getting it, some are not FNF of blizzard as one person said he hasn't even played any games and there was his invite and they even stated the first wave was sent out so check the email box to make sure and check you bnet page.

while they still continue to call it the fnf closed beta everyone getting invites.... since it only goes up to skeleton king. i think they just used to calling it fnf and wont drop FNF tag and they are really rushing this due they want to put this game out to show what they been doing and people want the game out they need this game as much as we need it, 10 years is alot time to make a game or plan thru the development of the diablo franchise, and the fact that wow is starting to loose people they might want to get them back into a diablo game and they might be getting pressured from activision as well so i dont know if i would still call it the fnf beta .