wowhead.com in IE9
I was not sure whether to put this this in the lounge or in WoW General Discussion, but I would like to be able to view the wowhead.com WoW database in IE9 and I need help. Wowhead used to work for me until just recently. Possibly they made some change to their site.

If I go to a catagory such as "Tailoring", all the user comment informantion and item/spell information downloads (as shown by looking at page source). However none of it displays. Wowhead tooltips work fine when viewed from other sites.

Some things I have tried:

Made sure javascript is enabled.
Turned off keyword blocking in router.
Turned off tracking protection in IE.
Removed google-related URL's from restricted sites.
Tried compatibility view (not that I thought that it would help).
For giggles I tried using Netscape, but no joy.

One thing I noticed is that if I block googleapis.com many page elements of wowhead do not display, but allowing googleapis.com does not permit the content I want to be displayed. I wasted a few hours on this yesterday. One thing I did not try was adding wowhead to my list of trusted sites. Let's just say I don't trust ZAM.

If I can't use wowhead, are there any other similar sites left? Crafterstome still displays for me. I used to prefer thottbot, may it rest in peace.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
(05-15-2011, 09:32 PM)LavCat Wrote: I was not sure whether to put this this in the lounge or in WoW General Discussion, but I would like to be able to view the wowhead.com WoW database in IE9 and I need help. Wowhead used to work for me until just recently. Possibly they made some change to their site.

If I go to a catagory such as "Tailoring", all the user comment informantion and item/spell information downloads (as shown by looking at page source). However none of it displays. Wowhead tooltips work fine when viewed from other sites.

Some things I have tried:

Made sure javascript is enabled.
Turned off keyword blocking in router.
Turned off tracking protection in IE.
Removed google-related URL's from restricted sites.
Tried compatibility view (not that I thought that it would help).
For giggles I tried using Netscape, but no joy.

One thing I noticed is that if I block googleapis.com many page elements of wowhead do not display, but allowing googleapis.com does not permit the content I want to be displayed. I wasted a few hours on this yesterday. One thing I did not try was adding wowhead to my list of trusted sites. Let's just say I don't trust ZAM.

If I can't use wowhead, are there any other similar sites left? Crafterstome still displays for me. I used to prefer thottbot, may it rest in peace.
I use Firefox 3.6.17 (looking at ver4 for plugin's compatibility yet), with IE Tabs2 Plus -- It has compatibility modes from IE9 that go back to IE7. Native, with my small computers I'm still on XP Home SP3 and have IE8.0.6001.18702. I find there are many sites that are built with open or Mozilla tools, and only a few that require IE of some flavor (including many of my work apps). I segregate them in my favorites (IE pages) and just right click on "Open in IE tab" for those hyperlinks.

Anyway, this way I can have my cake, and browse in IE too.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

(05-15-2011, 11:30 PM)kandrathe Wrote: I use Firefox 3.6.17 (looking at ver4 for plugin's compatibility yet), with IE Tabs2 Plus -- It has compatibility modes from IE9 that go back to IE7. Native, with my small computers I'm still on XP Home SP3 and have IE8.0.6001.18702. I find there are many sites that are built with open or Mozilla tools, and only a few that require IE of some flavor (including many of my work apps). I segregate them in my favorites (IE pages) and just right click on "Open in IE tab" for those hyperlinks.

Anyway, this way I can have my cake, and browse in IE too.

Oddly wowhead started working again. I had made no further changes. I suspect they (or google, since wowhead uses googleapis) changed something on the site to break it for some users and now they did something to bring it back.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."