Poll: Do you generally have the map open for PVM?
I almost always have the map open. I feel as though it takes away from the feel of the game though. As I don't like crossing doorways without knowing it, I will probably always play with the map open. What do you do?
I always have it on.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
I always have my map on. I am maze-challenged at the best of times and fleeing monsters into unexplored territory has never proved to be a Good Thing™.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Hi,

(10-25-2010, 01:22 AM)GhastMaster Wrote: What do you do?

At first, it took me a while to learn to 'look through' the map. So I would turn it off and on constantly. Once I'd learned to ignore the map unless I wanted to see it, I just turned it on and left it on.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

I´m always off and on; I got addicted to this style.
Never tried to play without mini; I do not find it amusing to keep getting lost and staying lost.
Map is always on for me. Otherwise falling back for better positioning leads to getting lost, which then leads to activating monsters and having to either fight your way out of dead ends or using a town portal to get back to town and walking down possibly 3 levels. =/ and walking sucks.
Quote:
I can see what you see not
Vision milky, then eyes rot
When you turn they will be gone
Whispering their hidden song
Then you see what cannot be
Shadows move where light should be
Out of darkness, out of mind
Cast down into the halls of the blind
Always on. Must-have. I will not survive without it. Literally. I walk into a pack of monsters and get ganked. ... Especially when Goddammitsdark is on.
Yeah, I always have it on, don't find it ever bothers me, just tend to "look past it" whne I'm not reffering to it, it actually feels strange to me not to have it on.

-Kal