Dungeon Siege 3 - anyone give it a shot?
(06-29-2011, 02:30 PM)Crusader Wrote: Can you believe the arrogance of this guy?

Yes, like I asked initially. Is the gameplay fun on a PC if you use a game controller? Just because it's designed for a controller doesn't mean it's not worth it. Playing a flight sim on the keyboard is possible but I find the experience much better with a joystick/yolk. That doesn't mean they screwed up the interface. It means they designed it for something else.

Your issues is that you know the interface can be designed to play well with keyboard/mouse for these types of games. But that excludes the console market. Since a good gamepad for a PC can be had for less than a tank of gas, that isn't really excluding the PC market. They should state on the packaging that a game pad is recommended for optimum gameplay. He made a business decisions. He knows that if it sells well on the consoles, which is a larger part of the market, and that the large percentage of PC owners that have a gamepad should still enjoy it, that yes he may lose the keyboard and mouse only market, but he doesn't need that market. You don't have to market your product to everyone.

Personally I'm actually becoming more interested in the game now because that first response that talked about the game being too automated is exactly why I stopped playing it. I have a game pad on my PC already because I think it makes some games more enjoyable so I might actually give the game a whirl the way it was designed to played, with a game pad.

But then I don't believe that just because it was designed for a console that it is a lesser game.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.