How to be a ho or a victim or a celebrity
I am watching CNN at the moment, and seeing the maddeningly predictable trial of DSK in the media now that Cyrus Vance (his dad used to be US sec state ages ago) has dropped the case the people have against DSK for sexual assault and or rape in a New York hotel. From victim to celebrity if three easy steps, but I think she's in some ways a victim of the system, if in fact her story is true.

Did he or didn't he?

Don't know. We can't know.

Her lawyer saw this coming. If you read the Newsweek piece featuring her a couple of weeks ago, you wonder how the DA did not have a case.

Well, he only had two witnesses, and one was the defendant. He had, it seems, trouble with the standard of proof known as "beyond reasonable doubt" that is required for conviction.

I suspect Mr Vance wanted DSK's behind so much he could taste it. See how fast he pulled that Frenchie off the plane and charged him, back when the case was fresh news. (I suppose that justice is served, with DSK out of the French political race for replacing Sarkozy, for the time being).

But Vance also knows how the system works, and did not think he'd win.

So, DSK will be in civil court soon enough.
She will have her shot at him. Good.

Her lawyer will have a shot at a nice payday. Well, that's how it all works.

But Justice? As Bob Dylan complained,

Justice is a Game.

I'd rather play Diablo III. :p
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete