December News/Discussion
Quote:A nitpick, but I think I was mostly wasted on the snakes. I'm sure I helped some, but I think that overall the fight would have went much quicker with me on the boss. There were just too many instances where I'd start to attack a snake and it would be dead before chain could go off on it. Sure I got some off and I thunderstormed some and such, but it mostly felt like hunter+druid was plenty for them.
We still ended the fight with having 6-7 snake wraps occur, so at least as far as my opinion matters (not really all that much) I didn't think they were dying fast enough.

YMMV,
~FragB)
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Quote:I guess that the main issue here is WHO you are running with. My mates and I jumped right into Heroics when we were able, but we're all on the "pretty good" side of the skill scale (if I may say so myself). But...I've done some PUG's, and it's not pretty, not at all. Sure, with my friends/guildies, the runs can be a joke. But with 2-4 other random folks? I begin to see why they call this "heroic". Therein lies the problem, as I see it. We are looking at the non attunement issue through the rose colored glasses of having the backing of a very good guild(s). Try doing some pug's, and I wonder if folks thoughts on the difficulty and lack of attunements would change.
I think you're both right. Heroics are easy. Pugs are dumb. I think Blizzard did a reasonable job with attunements in the original release, maybe some were a tad LONG, but they were all more or less pugable. It was a way to show you cared about your character enough to move up in your level of gaming. They screwed it up in BC big time, requiring the hardest fights in the game to get the attunement to move on to the next step raid wise. This also forced many guilds to frequently backslide to do these fights to keep people attuned so they could raid. This rightfully so brought an outcry from the community and in typical Blizzard fashion they overcompensated.
Quote:I think you're both right. Heroics are easy. Pugs are dumb. I think Blizzard did a reasonable job with attunements in the original release, maybe some were a tad LONG, but they were all more or less pugable. It was a way to show you cared about your character enough to move up in your level of gaming. They screwed it up in BC big time, requiring the hardest fights in the game to get the attunement to move on to the next step raid wise. This also forced many guilds to frequently backslide to do these fights to keep people attuned so they could raid. This rightfully so brought an outcry from the community and in typical Blizzard fashion they overcompensated.

Well, I think what got a lot of people with the requires of downing both Vashj and Kael to get into Hyjal was how difficult these two fights were (#2 and #1 respectively pre-Sunwell) to immediately turn around and start killing piñatas. Let's face it, after killing Vashj and Kael and then going into Hyjal and the trash was the most difficult aspect till you got to Archimonde...

And right now, attunments aren't completely gone, you still have to kill Sapphiron to open up Malygos.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Tempered Titansteel Helm just became a lot more valuable, tanks.

Among other profession changes, they are taking the existng Tempered Titansteel and adding one meta and one normal socket to it!

Talk about a massive boost to what *used* to be a starter tanking helm...
Jormuttar is Soo Fat...
Dec. 23 News

~~~
It seems that some folks are nostalgic for the days of 40 man raids. Frankly, I'm not. I like the new 25man cap, feeling that the fights are just as epic, but it's so much less work in the game to manage. Having been a raid leader through all sizes of fights, I have found the 25man to be the best blend between challenge in game, and challenge out of game (Arranging, etc)

Solo'ing old stuff is all the rage of late. I have nearly solo'ed Onyxia on my hunter, but ran into a few problems. I figured them out, but ran into a time issue after that. Other folks have been quite busy making old content trivial, too. Have you been out and about doing old content, thinking "It used to take us 39 other folks and 4 hours to beat this..."

Speaking of doing things outside of the box, Instructor Razuvious has provided several guilds with an opportunity to let their creativity show. Last time it was 3 hunters trading off aggro with kiting and distracting shot. This time, it's a couple of mages with spellsteal doing the tanking work. It's nice to see that strategy options are coming more to the fore.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Dec. 26 News

~~~
By now the gifts have been unwrapped, big meals consumed, and most folks are going to spend today lazily laying about recovering. I hope that none of you are going shopping in the craziness that is Boxing Day.

My gift to all of you is an amazing video that was found by my fiancee. It is the artist's first go at making a video (but not animating) and let me tell you this. Percula has done some stunning work in the 7 1/2 minute movie, The Craft of War:BLIND.
Dec. 30 News

~~~
100,000 seems like a big number. And in WoW, there's an Achievement attached to it. If you get 100,000 Honorable Kills, you get the Achievement. Some folks wondered how hard that one would be. But it turns out that if you are a serious PvP'er, it's not that hard at all. There's even a level 19 who has it. The trick to this Achievement, especially for the big time PvP'ers is that HK's were tracked from as soon as they were added into the game, so it was pretty easy to ret-check that, and award the Achievement. Not so much so for, say....killing C'Thun. Since you needed a piece of loot from him in the bank, or were one of the rare folks who got the quest item off of him, you didn't get the Achivement for dropping him.

So, why are people helping Malygos? And why do we go down and beat up Sartharion? He's just minding his own business down there. Good questions indeed, and there are answers for them!

One doesn't often hear the good stories about WoW in the mainstream media. Often it's all "MMO ruins kids lives." "MMO's are eroding our social moores." Etc and so on. So it's nice to see the good side of WoW players, helping out Katherine Allen, who's raising money for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. She's helping her fundraising by appealing to WoW players. Each player who donates $25 and leaves a comment with either "For the Alliance" or "For the Horde" gets their name entered into a draw. She'll pick 3 names from a hat, and those three folks will get 1 year certificates for free WoW. If she hit $5,500, she'd pick one name for a lifetime WoW subscription. Last time I looked...she was at $19,910!

A lot of folks are playing WoW. In fact, according to Blizzard, 11.5 Million are!