Protect IP Act
First time I've ever heard of this: LINK

Quote:Five Internet engineers, Steve Crocker, David Dagon, Dan Kaminsky, Danny McPherson and Paul Vixie have prepared a whitepaper[33] suggesting that the DNS filtering provisions in the bill "raise serious technical and security concerns" and would "break the Internet",

I was on a few other sites today and they mentioned this bill and had a petition for it. I've seen on-line petitions before, and never really thought much about it, but this bill seems like a game changer! I also highly doubt its legality to our constitutional rights.

Here's another interesting news article on the subject: LINK. Anyone have more information that what wiki says?
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
The gamers issue is not very important I think. No games producer would start banning people from posting their gameplay online as it is just free publicity for them.
However the infringement of basic rights is much more important.

People should realize that the internet and its flow of information is much more important than the rights of some music and movie producers. Of course its a bummer for them that people do things they don't like (like downloading) but times have changed. 100 of years ago you were also not getting tremendously rich by writing a nice song while you were drunk an stoned out of your mind.
We cannot let a few of us dictate the laws out of their own interest. Music was taped from the radio or from someone elses record, books were read by more people than only the one person buying it.....man they even invented a thing called a library. Now it is getting easier to copy things....so be it.....find another way of paying for your cocaine addiction.
Being able to make millions by singing a stupid song of by throwing a bal through a hoop was nice but it isn't a basic human right.....so if times are changing, live with it.

Of course if there were no negative effects I would say, do what you need to do, but they want to touch what is a basic human right.

It is like some guy in one of your links said, don't make us become china (where banning reality shows is the least of their problem. Smile )
I would sign if I were a US citizen.
(11-17-2011, 05:17 AM)Taem Wrote: First time I've ever heard of this...
I think it is the same or similiar to this one that is on the Whitehouse petition site.

SOPA - E-Parasite - Protect IP

”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]