Pet Problem
Questing in Borean Tundra with a friend last night, my hunter wanted to switch pets. She rode to the Stable Master and placed her bat in the stable and selected her worm. Upon dismounting back up north she was perplexed to see her bat by her side, but we continued with our questing anyhow.

All was well for some while, but eventually the bat went away and would not come back. When called, the game said she did not have a pet. Revive did not work because no pet was dead. There were no empty stable slots, so she had to have had some pet? A beast master hunter questing with no pet is not the most fun, but we knocked off half a dozen quests.

Back at Valiance Keep the Stable Master assured her that the worm was her current pet. Aparently no one had informed the worm. Cycling through the stable slots fixed the problem.

This may be an old bug but it is not something I have ever seen before.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Never heard of that one either, but it sounds like some desync was playing tricks on you somehow.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Quote:Questing in Borean Tundra with a friend last night, my hunter wanted to switch pets. She rode to the Stable Master and placed her bat in the stable and selected her worm. Upon dismounting back up north she was perplexed to see her bat by her side, but we continued with our questing anyhow.

I have had this happen to me as well, it seems like a bug if you change pets while mounted. Since it has happened, i now religiously dismount to make sure that the pet swap occurs properly. Although when it did happen, if you log out and back in it seems to fix the problem.
Dianotosa 85 Druid
Kirayla 85 Hunter
Bubblegirl 85 Paladin
Linnara 85 Priest
Solasha 85 Warlock
Lucindia 82 Mage
Kirrily 81 Shaman