Hellfire Fixed with restored Adria sound?
Hi. I've been getting back into playing multiplayer Hellfire over LAN with the Hellfire Fixed mod and love everything about it but the Adria moo sound. I'm introducing some new players to the game and that just kinda ruins the immersion.

A search led me to an older post on this forum http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/thread-5419.html that mentioned an alternate version of the mod with Adria's original sound restored, but the download link is dead. Does anyone still happen to have this file laying around? I'd greatly appreciate it if I could somehow get ahold of this version.
(01-10-2012, 10:30 PM)KillingMachine Wrote: Hi. I've been getting back into playing multiplayer Hellfire over LAN with the Hellfire Fixed mod and love everything about it but the Adria moo sound. I'm introducing some new players to the game and that just kinda ruins the immersion.

I'm pretty sure she's saying the same thing she usually does; it's just in Bovine. If you think about it, being cursed to speak like a cow is pretty horrific and it's not out-of-line with the darkness of fairy tales and ancient myth. I like to think someone put a hex on her to correct her lisp. And that someone was me.

Alternatively, the easiest thing to do at this point (a decade and a half after Diablo's hey-day) may be to grab a HexEditor and browse some modding sites for the info you need. If I still had my notes I could tell you how to do it, but those have flown away to harddrive heaven.

-Lem
Hi,

simply hexedit the Exe, go to adress 9B0C0 and replace cow1.wav with Witch38.wav.
(01-11-2012, 06:34 PM)Rudra Wrote: Hi,

simply hexedit the Exe, go to adress 9B0C0 and replace cow1.wav with Witch38.wav.

Thanks for this information. It did the trick!