Diablo III revised casting call.
Greetings,

Now that we have an official release date for Diablo III I'm going to be looking to put together a crew of Lurkers for a Let's Play video series. There was a good bit of interest when I first put out the idea, but that was a good while ago so I figured it would be prudent to see where things stood now.

Things that we'll need:
- 3 additional players (It is my understanding that player cap is 4.)
- Players will need to have access to a mic (preferably of reasonable quality) and Skype (I originally debated using Vent or Mumble, but for recording purposes those programs produce too much delay and cause a lot of audio problems.)
- Players will need to be able to schedule ~2 hours every week or two for a recording session. (I'm looking to be able to upload approximately three 20-30 minute episodes every week. Although this is flexible depending on how things go.)
- Players will preferably be available for a recording session as close to release as possible so that I can get busy editing and processing raw footage for upload within the first week of release.

Once I get a feel for who will be interested and available I would like to set up some time in the next month or so to do some audio tests etc. so that we will be ready to go with the best possible commentary quality.

So let me know if you are interested and we can get this ball rolling!
Of course I'm still interested, Chess.
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Hail!

I would certainly be interested- although I'd probably want to do a test run before signing up for good. I'm willing to play any class and have a very stable internet connection and quality mic. Have done a fair amount of skype with fellow SC2 & WoW friends.

Also watched some of your videos and definitely like the informative style. Feel free to send a message if you care to chat more or play/test in Beta. If you don't have access to the Beta I'd be willing to let you borrow mine to test out recording- just let me know.
I might be interested depending on the time schedule. Is this the type of thing where you'd play the same character the whole way through?
Count me as a tentative possibility, with the knowledge that I'd only be available on weekends (EDT), and not until 1-2 weeks after release (preordered CE from Amazon, so unless I cancel my order and buy it locally I won't get it until the 22nd - 26th.)
Roland *The Gunslinger*
I'm still putting my hat in the ring, but with the understanding that I do still have a weird schedule. Mic can be a bit iffy and my mother and sister have been pestering me about getting Skype for a while now so I may just have to break down and do that. Wink
Intolerant monkey.
(03-16-2012, 02:21 PM)RTM Wrote: I might be interested depending on the time schedule. Is this the type of thing where you'd play the same character the whole way through?

Yeah. General structure that I'm going to shoot for is to have four players, each of them playing a seperate class. I originally wanted to have all 5 classes represented but I believe there is a 4 player maximum so one class will be left out.

The series will be a full clear/exploration of (at least) normal mode. After that we'll see how things go and decide if it is entertaining enough and worth while to continue on with subsequent difficulties. On the one hand the major character advancements and disscussions wouldn't happen until higher difficulties. On the other, there is an issue of if there will be enough variety in content to validate repeat playthroughs on higher difficulties.

If you've ever watched an LP before much of the commentary revolves around just reacting to what is happening in game. This can be entertaining, but I would also like to try to throw in decidedly Lurker topics as well. So hopefully there will be room for theory-craft discussions regading skill use etc. Or just commentary on how certain skills feel and their effectiveness.

As such these characters will be locked in. All items used will be stuff that we find during the playthough, and commentary related to story/game events will be presented as if this were our first playthrough. That doesn't mean players should play dumb just that, in the microcosm of the LP, it should be played as if spoiler-free.
(03-17-2012, 07:11 AM)Chesspiece_face Wrote: As such these characters will be locked in. All items used will be stuff that we find during the playthough, and commentary related to story/game events will be presented as if this were our first playthrough. That doesn't mean players should play dumb just that, in the microcosm of the LP, it should be played as if spoiler-free.

Yes the player count in a game instance is limited to four. Also as of the last time I checked a couple weeks ago, it was only possible to control the players in a game group by doing private games and invites to players on your friends list. That required inviting through direct meeting in open games, RealID or the new (and buggy right now) BattleTag IDs.

Crafting of gear can be very important to getting some quality gear as you play. The gear that I have been able to craft usually has be a magnitude or more greater than anything I could find. Access the smith crafter (and any others later in the game) is on an account basis so once he is opened on any character, at least part of his services will be available to even a fresh made level 1. What the smith can craft for you is up graded as you level him up with gold purchases. Higher smith levels also need crafting mats and I also hear that there will be some sort of plans that drop for increasing his repertoire.

Your stash is an account wide stash that makes it easy to shift items and crafting mats to other toons. It is increased in size with gold purchases. Any gold you earn on a character is available to all toons on that account.

So plan now a little on what you mean by "All items used will be stuff that we find during the play though" as it will not necessarily be easy to keep these aspects listed above from affecting your play through.