Let's Talk MoP Beta
The gods did it!
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
Interesting stuff on Wowhead regarding pet battles:

http://www.wowheadnews.com/blog=202034/m...s-and-more

What jumped out at me was all of the descriptions of aoe attacks and buffs for friendly allies. I had been running with the mistaken notion of mostly 1 v 1 battles (with maybe substitutions in and out). I was clearly mistaken.
Was Mitt Romney right????

Sorry All, but this beta has turned me into a forum troll!

Now please read the very beginning of my first post there carefully. I allude to aggravation over Blizzard's constant non-support of beta testers who are having real issues; especially since this issue of being unable to login without generating a critical error has gone unaddressed by Blizz since this week's patch.

[attachment=117]

Sometimes you just have to go elsewhere for your info, which I did and
found this on Wowraids.com in their freaking Russian Forums. Remember that Russia, according to Mitt Romney is the single, biggest Geo-Political Threat in the world right now. Now NOTE THE BLUE POSTS.

So I popped back over to Blizz and posted a link to this russian site and my dxdialogue.

I expect imminent banning, but if any of you have any thoughts, please share.

I have read and taken the proper steps as outlined in this.

Should I really send them my dx? Or just give up and come home to Cataclysm?

God, how I loathe the non-responsive, dismissive attitude that is so often Blizzard gaming. And it doesn't look like my error message screenshot is going to post right on this forum either.

[Image: my-despair-jpg]
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Hi, Sabra. I know that this is frustrating, but realize that this is a beta. That's what happens in betas and as release gets closer, problems hopefully get fixed. In addition, you are much less likely to get direct Blizzard support during a beta as their customer support staff are trained for releases, not betas. However, it is good that you report your problems to Blizzard, because in my experience, they do listen and put your feedback along with other pieces of feedback they receive and try to resolve issues -- even if you don't see a direct written response from them.

So, relax a bit, maybe play Cataclysm if you want, and maybe in the next beta patch, things will go more smoothly for you.
(03-31-2012, 03:35 AM)MongoJerry Wrote: Hi, Sabra. I know that this is frustrating, but realize that this is a beta. That's what happens in betas and as release gets closer, problems hopefully get fixed. In addition, you are much less likely to get direct Blizzard support during a beta as their customer support staff are trained for releases, not betas. However, it is good that you report your problems to Blizzard, because in my experience, they do listen and put your feedback along with other pieces of feedback they receive and try to resolve issues -- even if you don't see a direct written response from them.

So, relax a bit, maybe play Cataclysm if you want, and maybe in the next beta patch, things will go more smoothly for you.

You're right Mongo, as always.

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
I had a very similar problem during beta for cata sabra It took me almost 7 weeks to get them to patch in a fix for my processor + chipset configuration.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
(03-23-2012, 12:15 PM)Bolty Wrote: 6) Pandaren females don't wear underwear. Not that I checked. Right. *blush* Hey, I'm not the only one, someone else took that picture!

It may relate to the fact that pandas defecate forty times per day. Expect shorter raids and battlegrounds.

"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
(04-02-2012, 10:32 PM)LavCat Wrote: It may relate to the fact that pandas defecate forty times per day. Expect shorter raids and battlegrounds.

Cool beans! I'll be able to raid again!

Hmm, too much information? Confused
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Baron Soosdon has done a short intro video to the first area in the Pandaren starting zone, with more stuff on the horizon.

"It was just outside The Jade Forest when the Pandas started to kick in.."

take care
Tarabulus

"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
(04-02-2012, 05:33 PM)shoju Wrote: I had a very similar problem during beta for cata sabra It took me almost 7 weeks to get them to patch in a fix for my processor + chipset configuration.

Sho, it just makes me annoyed that I have to go off of the forums to find a fix. However there is one person I've found on the Blizz forums who is called Rezzie and she seems to have answers!

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
The Shaman "Nuclear Launch Detected" shoulders on a Tauren:

Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Those are absolutely amazing.
(03-23-2012, 06:07 PM)RTM Wrote: I'm interested in hearing about how the Monk plays. I realize the playstyle is probably going to go through a lot of iterations before release, but still. Fun? Boring? Annoying?
Fun so far. They seem powerful.

You have 4 chi points you can acquire, so sort of like a rogue. You use certain moves to build Chi, then you can use certain moves that require 1, 2 3, or 4 Chi to use them.

Monks appear to be more hybrid like druids, and you can choose three different flavors. More of a tank build, which is then limited to single weapon wield. A DPS build, which has more martial arts skills. Or, a healing build which gains a mana bar (and you still have Chi bar too), and is again single wield. I have one monk which is DPS build, then I also built a sword and board warrior, and a shadow priest. Hopefully, we can build up a group to go run some instances.

”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

(04-07-2012, 03:18 AM)kandrathe Wrote:
(03-23-2012, 06:07 PM)RTM Wrote: I'm interested in hearing about how the Monk plays. I realize the playstyle is probably going to go through a lot of iterations before release, but still. Fun? Boring? Annoying?
Fun so far. They seem powerful.

You have 4 chi points you can acquire, so sort of like a rogue. You use certain moves to build Chi, then you can use certain moves that require 1, 2 3, or 4 Chi to use them.

Monks appear to be more hybrid like druids, and you can choose three different flavors. More of a tank build, which is then limited to single weapon wield. A DPS build, which has more martial arts skills. Or, a healing build which gains a mana bar (and you still have Chi bar too), and is again single wield. I have one monk which is DPS build, then I also built a sword and board warrior, and a shadow priest. Hopefully, we can build up a group to go run some instances.

Brewmasters (tank) and Mistweavers (healing) can both dual wield and are not limited to one handers. It may be beneficial to them to use one handers in some cases. The brewmasters can avoid needing massive amount of 'to hit' and the mistweavers will likely find better caster staves than they will one hander combinations that they can use.
Looks like we won't have Noble Garden on Lose Isles.

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
(04-08-2012, 03:08 PM)Sabra Wrote: Looks like we won't have Noble Garden on Lose Isles.
They might fix it early this week. For those not in the beta, there is a bug for a few days now where anything on the ground that respawns is missing (ore, herbs, eggs, etc.) So any gathering quests are broken.

Also for mentions of brokenness, we attempted to do a 3-panda run on Deadmines. However, special attacks (cleaves, spells) are hitting for 10's of thousands of HP of damage. So some level 23's would totally own even high level chars. We resorted to 2 pandas, and a level 83 druid -- for spell casters, and specials we just had to stand back or die. We were one shot-ted numerous times. After Cookie died, we still got wiped due to the mega powerful rotting food debuff.

Other current frustrations are with the various talent trees. They seem very preliminary, and classes just don't play the way they did before. It feels like the changes are huge currently.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

(04-09-2012, 02:24 AM)kandrathe Wrote:
(04-08-2012, 03:08 PM)Sabra Wrote: Looks like we won't have Noble Garden on Lose Isles.
They might fix it early this week. For those not in the beta, there is a bug for a few days now where anything on the ground that respawns is missing (ore, herbs, eggs, etc.) So any gathering quests are broken.

Also for mentions of brokenness, we attempted to do a 3-panda run on Deadmines. However, special attacks (cleaves, spells) are hitting for 10's of thousands of HP of damage. So some level 23's would totally own even high level chars. We resorted to 2 pandas, and a level 83 druid -- for spell casters, and specials we just had to stand back or die. We were one shot-ted numerous times. After Cookie died, we still got wiped due to the mega powerful rotting food debuff.

Other current frustrations are with the various talent trees. They seem very preliminary, and classes just don't play the way they did before. It feels like the changes are huge currently.

OMG! That 83 druid was me. I cannot wait to get LaMage on and see what the hell is going on here.

One of the really weird things in this beta is that one's talent tree just poof -erases. And the entire trees and all the glyphs are different, so it can get pretty damned confusing.

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
MoP is so freaking broken right now...

Screenie
Screenie
Screenie
Screenie
Screenie

These purple walls are everywhere in Orgrimmar.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
The purple can go gotten rid of if you turn down you view distance to good or lower
Nyghtshayde Mage Fire/Frost ilvl 394
Nyghtdeth Death Knight Frost/Unholy ilvl 387

You get more with a kind word and a two-by-four than with just a kind word.
(04-11-2012, 03:48 AM)Bolty Wrote: MoP is so freaking broken right now...
Yes, I also have noticed a few missing textures for decor. I haven't seen the walls of purple like that. The aesthetics aren't bothering me too much. I also noticed odd animations for certain models, e.g. frostmane trolls in dwarf starting area. Sometimes when I hit "M" for map, I get a big green block -- although "L" -- the quest view, will show the map correctly.

For me the biggest broken stuff is in game mechanics... Beyond the missing stuff for Monks specifically, and talent trees in general, the two biggest headaches currently affecting everyone are...

1) Loot drops with affixes (e.g. of stamina) are calculated randomly, but the algorithm is broken. You will see something like "Awesome Bracers of Stamina" with 32122 stamina on the loot drop. Yes, huge numbers like that. Then when you take it in your inventory the item is merely "Awesome Bracers" with no stamina affix and no + stamina. Without adequate leveling gear, it will be hard to progress.

2) Dungeon mobs with special attacks (magic, flurry, etc) do unbelievable amounts of damage at low levels. It's not unusual to get hit for 30000 hp + of damage at level 20. So, again, without a way to get leveling gear by this method, it will also be difficult to make level progress.

They fixed the inability to gather (anything) on Monday, so that was good. At least I can again find ore and use Blacksmithing to make myself armor to level up with.

Sabra and I figured out why world portals seemed broken. You need a reagent. Yup. I was finally able to get to Darnassus from the Exodar after Sabra gave me the right portal reagent. Otherwise you click and nothing happens -- and you get no message regarding your lack of the necessary chit either.