Diablo III is Live!
If you're reading this site, you already know this. Log on and get playing! Learn the game and start posting your findings in the forums. Become a subject matter expert in your class / function / gameplay type. Share the knowledge!

A small tip though to those who are playing Demon Hunters first: equipping the mercenary Jondar with a shield has been disconnecting players from Battle.Net, and many have had difficulty logging back in afterwards. Otherwise, game on!
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
(05-15-2012, 02:08 PM)Bolty Wrote: If you're reading this site, you already know this. Log on and get playing! Learn the game and start posting your findings in the forums. Become a subject matter expert in your class / function / gameplay type. Share the knowledge!

A small tip though to those who are playing Demon Hunters first: equipping the mercenary Jondar with a shield has been disconnecting players from Battle.Net, and many have had difficulty logging back in afterwards. Otherwise, game on!

I just hope people will still have time to post interesting threads in the lounge the coming months.
Looks like the first exploits have hit the game already, judging by:

Blizzard Wrote:10: 22 a.m. PDT- We are in the process of performing an emergency maintenance for all Diablo III servers to resolve several issues that are currently impacting the game. This maintenance may cause some interruption in communication, ability to log in, use of in-game features, and disconnections. We anticipate all servers will be available for play in approximately 1 hour.

Whenever you see this happen over the next few days, it's highly likely that it's because of exploits that people discovered during beta and are using on live.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
(05-15-2012, 02:08 PM)Bolty Wrote: A small tip though to those who are playing Demon Hunters first: equipping the mercenary Jondar with a shield has been disconnecting players from Battle.Net, and many have had difficulty logging back in afterwards. Otherwise, game on!

This only happens when you do so before he becomes an actual mercenary / follower. While he's "following" you during his initial quest, if you equip him with a Shield it will disconnect you from the game and prevent your reentry. I swear, there are more bugs upon release than there were in Beta - ones we never saw.

One more little tidbit for my fellow Demon Hunters - stuns / slows are your friend. Utilize them. Also, Vitality / Life is a HIGH priority. You ARE squishy. You WILL die if you don't prioritize it to a certain extant. Raw DPS will NOT save you.
Roland *The Gunslinger*
The slowing skills are very useful (Caltrops especially), but I'm not using any vitality/life items as of yet, and I'm doing just fine - haven't died once so far. Using the Templar as a tank and Vault, Caltrops, with solid DPS should be sufficient.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)