Re/Discovering your Roots Bug
Something's up on Razorthorn Ridge. Having decided that I sorely need cash for Thursday, and my mount addiction hitting me in the pocket until this realisation, I decided to do a full block of dailies.

Seems that the Razorthorn Ravagers are bugged in my experience when you try to control them with a gland. They become pets (just like usual) and you can at least command them in battle... But they won't follow you, they'll just continue standing on their usual spot, wandering like they did when they were a regular mob.

So how bad is this? Well, for one thing you can't actually use them to dig up Razorthorn roots unless one mound happens to be right under their nose. So basically, if you want to complete these quests you have to either farm multiple glands and just hop from Ravager to Ravager, or just sit on the same spot and wait for the mound to respawn.

Another downside of this bug is that you can't manually dismiss your charmed Ravager, instead you have to fly out of range in order to turn it hostile.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Quote:Something's up on Razorthorn Ridge. Having decided that I sorely need cash for Thursday, and my mount addiction hitting me in the pocket until this realisation, I decided to do a full block of dailies.

Seems that the Razorthorn Ravagers are bugged in my experience when you try to control them with a gland. They become pets (just like usual) and you can at least command them in battle... But they won't follow you, they'll just continue standing on their usual spot, wandering like they did when they were a regular mob.

So how bad is this? Well, for one thing you can't actually use them to dig up Razorthorn roots unless one mound happens to be right under their nose. So basically, if you want to complete these quests you have to either farm multiple glands and just hop from Ravager to Ravager, or just sit on the same spot and wait for the mound to respawn.

Another downside of this bug is that you can't manually dismiss your charmed Ravager, instead you have to fly out of range in order to turn it hostile.

This quest has had issues ever since it was introduced. From what i could tell, before after you had charmed a ravager if you didn't dismiss it and just flew away it would run back to it's spawn point and then become broken. anyone else that came along would find a ravager that wouldn't attack or interact with anything. It sounds like they have taken steps to try to fix that issue, just haven't gotten it completely right yet.

As always, before you try to charm a ravager with the gland make sure it is pacing around. I'm not sure what these new and improved broken ravagers are doing, but previously the tell tale sign of one that was broken was that it would just stand there not moving.