Speedy Gold Acquisition - Monk Style!
I learned of an interesting build to acquire gold in a rather speedy manner from a thread on reddit (here).

I decided to take his idea one step further and put together a build and gear set that allows for continuous tempest rush at exceedingly high speeds. The build is linked here.

The specific gear choices that allowed for continuous tempest rush was a daibo with 2.2 spirit/sec regeneration, a spirit stone with 2.27 spirit/sec regeneration and boots with 11% run speed. The rest of my gear is my gold find set, netting about 200% gold find before nephalem valor (including bonus from my templar). Taking the templar became necessary as his bonus to spirit regeneration pushed me over the cost of tempest rush.

One thing to note is tempest rush expends spirit at the same time as you would otherwise attack. That is, if your attacks per second is 1.3 you will spend 10 spirit every tick, with 1.3 ticks per second or 13 spirit per second. With my daibo I had an attack speed of 1.1 attacks per second, or a tempest rush expenditure of 11 spirit per second.

The sheet shows spirit regeneration per second of 9.46, but it appears the passive bonus from The Guardian's Path is not reflected there. It is apparent that my regeneration is actually more than that, as I can use tempest rush indefinitely despite what the sheet says. I, however, do not know what the exact value is, as I can't be sure how The Guardian's Path interacts with the bonus from the templar.

The part of this build that makes acquiring gold so ridiculously easy is the locale. With just a small bonus to gold pickup (7 for me) I vacuum up any gold drops that occur zippy style. I usually farm nightmare act 3, starting the game at the quest to kill Azmodan and then clearing the zones starting from Arreat Crater level 1 onwards to his doorstep. I run over gold to pick it up, and I stop only to kill elite packs or pick up rare drops. I let the potions, gems and blues rot. Most everything dies in one or two passes as my daibo is rather hard hitting at over 900 dps base.

The mystic ally is there for additional aoe attacks, and cyclone strike with implosion is to yoink in the mobs that try to run away. Getting sweeping wind to actually stack up higher than one is difficult, but if it does get to 3 then I gain additional spirit regeneration and can kill things even faster.

I've run this about 4 times now, and based on my rough estimation I make anywhere from 200k to 250k an hour.

Thoughts? Improvements? Anyone know of a better location worth trying for farming? I like this one as there are several elite or champion packs, which stacks my nephalem valor quickly, and the level design is rather linear with only a few blind ends.
This seems very exploity and wrong. I must try it. XD

Gold progression in this game seems unusually flat, with inferno stores selling things for only x4-5 their normal counterparts. I suppose this is the inevitable result.

Edit: I have a 900 DPS stick now but I'm not hitting nearly hard enough. About how much dex are you using?
(06-15-2012, 02:40 PM)FoxBat Wrote: This seems very exploity and wrong. I must try it. XD

Gold progression in this game seems unusually flat, with inferno stores selling things for only x4-5 their normal counterparts. I suppose this is the inevitable result.

Edit: I have a 900 DPS stick now but I'm not hitting nearly hard enough. About how much dex are you using?

I run 1092 dexterity with my full gold find set, ending up with a paper dps of 12168.85. My gold find set is mostly items with dexterity and gold find combined.