Can somone help me find usable audio drivers for an older IBM Lenovo desktop?
My parents have an older Pentium 4 IBM Lenovo desktop, and the sound doesn't work. It's missing the audio driver and I can't seem to track down the correct one.

The model is 8113-E7U. The Lenovo website tells me this is the correct download location, but the English version of the driver gives me this error.

[Image: 7U1Zg.jpg]

I can't find a newer driver for the current XP service pack. I've also tried using older drivers, but they did not work. They installed without errors, but the Device Manager still shows a missing or unknown driver for the audio device.

I should also add that this system was recently reformatted, and the sound worked just fine before the reformat so it's not a case of the latest XP service pack breaking the audio drivers.
Likely the drive is already part of XP. Check device manager and see if the device shows as needing drivers or not (typically will list as an unknown device).
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
(07-12-2012, 05:06 AM)Lissa Wrote: Likely the drive is already part of XP. Check device manager and see if the device shows as needing drivers or not (typically will list as an unknown device).

[Image: yRBnv.png]

There is no audio driver, but it does need one because Windows is sending error beeps to the motherboard speaker. The actual speakers are working and hooked up fine.

[Image: GJovC.png]
Have you tried doing an uninstall (right click - uninstall) and then a scan for hardware changes (right click - scan for hardware changes)?
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Thanks! Your reply set in motion a series of events that led to victory, eventually.

(07-13-2012, 02:12 AM)LochnarITB Wrote: Have you tried doing an uninstall (right click - uninstall) and then a scan for hardware changes (right click - scan for hardware changes)?

I tried that without success, but your advice had me thinking outside the box a bit. I unistalled whatever was there through the Device Manager and installed the newest driver I could find that went completely through the install process without throwing up an error message. This of course did not work, but it ensured I had an actual driver on the machine. I then used the "New Hardware Wizard" and had it point specifically to the folder that the old driver was in, and by fairy and possibly unicorn magic it worked.

This is also officially the first time the "New Hardware Wizard" ever actually did something useful for me.