Shared Pets in MoP
Now that MoP is imminent, does anyone know if companion pets will be shared per WoW account, or shared per battle.net account?

In other words, I am wondering if one CE will be enough?
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
I thought, that because of the new pokewow battle system, they weren't going to be shared?
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
(07-29-2012, 03:20 AM)LavCat Wrote: Now that MoP is imminent, does anyone know if companion pets will be shared per WoW account, or shared per battle.net account?

In other words, I am wondering if one CE will be enough?
It's hard to tell with the Beta, since there is just the one server. According to blue posts, its account wide pet, mount, and some achievement/titles sharing.

With mounts now in practice, they've added some restrictions for classes, professions, and PVP rewards (e.g. my Panda monk can no longer mount the warlock steed).

I played a bit of the companion battle stuff last weekend, and it's surprisingly more fun than I thought it would be. Some of the changes for MOP are in the PTR, which I also did a bit of last Saturday.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Well, I guess I will find out. I ordered only one CE, but it seems one can upgrade after the fact to get the CE mount and pet.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
I believe they're tied to your WoW account and are not Battle.net wide.
Wow, I r doofus! Blush

I just now realized you have to buy an expansion to add pandas to WoW. Huh Other than logging on once a few months ago, to see if the game and mods still worked, I haven't played in several months, maybe not in 2012 even at all. I had told myself I might go back for a bit when the pandas patch was released. I'm about 99% sure I won't buy pandas so now I'm torn, uninstall WoW entirely or not. Undecided
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
From http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6079670229

Quote:Account-Wide Pets
Pets are now account-wide. This means that any pet you have on one character will be shared with all of the others on your Battle.net account. Earn level 6 with Grunty on character A? Log in character B and that level 6 Grunty will be there waiting for you.If you have multiple versions of the same pet on multiple characters on your account, they will be merged into one. We will place any extras in your bags or mail them to you if you are out of space.

So it is intended to be battle.net wide for the pets that can be shared. This should include almost all (if not all) of the current vanity pets. Several of the mounts are not going to be account wide depending on how they were originally intended to be acquired.
(07-31-2012, 08:28 PM)LochnarITB Wrote: I had told myself I might go back for a bit when the pandas patch was released. I'm about 99% sure I won't buy pandas so now I'm torn, uninstall WoW entirely or not. Undecided

I don't follow. Yes, you'd need MoP to be able to make a Pandaren character, but the soon-to-be WoW pre-MoP patch will add Pandaren to the game. You'll see them running around soon enough. Stormwind and Orgrimmar will each have a Pandaren "town" of sorts.

I've been in the MoP beta since day one, and can provide you a preview: MoP is WoW, mostly more of the same, although with a greater emphasis on soloable activities than Cataclysm. Aside from the leveling experience, which is quite nice and hearkens back to WotLK in terms of quality storyline, Blizzard has placed a high emphasis on daily quests and factions to develop. The pet battle system is a diversion to a hardcore raider such as myself, but I've heard from a few more casual players that they expect it to suck their lives away. Smile

The raids are pretty good, but I always felt the raids were good in Cataclysm too (sans Dragon Soul) - it was the other content that was fairly meh.

If you're burned out on WoW, don't expect anything earth-shattering to pull you back in. If you have a casual interest, I'd recommend checking it out; the Monk class is expectedly overpowered, the questing was actually pretty interesting with good character and plot advancement, and there's plenty to do when you hit level 90 without actually raiding. In the end though, it's the same engine, the same game style, etc you've either come to love or hate, including the new LFR system.

Oh, and the Battletag system. Look out, Terenas Horde, for teh Bolties may be teaming up with you in the future...
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
I have to say, maybe it's that I'm just a month out from having stopped playing, or maybe I just really was as unhappy and disinterested as I thought I was, but I have absolutely no desire to go back to the game, even with MoP fixing several of the things that made me lament main changing so much when it happened.

But I would assume that would be for a separate thread, as it's not "really" pet related.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
This came up here because it was the first post I saw that said anything about buying MoP, in this case a CE, which I had always pictured as a huge patch, not a purchased xpac.

My deal is mostly this -

(08-03-2012, 02:50 PM)Bolty Wrote: I don't follow. Yes, you'd need MoP to be able to make a Pandaren character,

but a large slice of this as well -

(08-03-2012, 02:50 PM)Bolty Wrote: If you're burned out on WoW, don't expect anything earth-shattering to pull you back in.

I had told myself that I was not going to beta but that I might go back to make a panda when they released "the patch". I didn't want to beta because that would mean creating a character that would be deleted and I have never deleted a character. It doesn't matter that Blizzard would do the deleting, I would have been responsible for creating it in the first place. I like to think that the toons I lovingly progressed spend their days frolicking in the autumn mist in a land called Honah Lee (Azer Oth? Rolleyes ).

Also, you can't level to 90 if you don't buy panda's, correct?

The worst thing is I pretty much screwed myself. I hit the wall a couple months after signing up for the annual pass, which I justified by telling myself that I would be paying subscriptions for that year anyway, and thus get D3 "free". In reality it cost me probably 9-10 months of subs. Blush Sad
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(08-03-2012, 06:25 PM)LochnarITB Wrote: This came up here because it was the first post I saw that said anything about buying MoP, in this case a CE, which I had always pictured as a huge patch, not a purchased xpac.

My deal is mostly this -

(08-03-2012, 02:50 PM)Bolty Wrote: I don't follow. Yes, you'd need MoP to be able to make a Pandaren character,

For what it's worth, they have announced that you will not need to buy the expansion to create a panda.
ERAU QSSI DLRO WEHT
(08-17-2012, 01:38 AM)Shamago Wrote: For what it's worth, they have announced that you will not need to buy the expansion to create a panda.

I was just thinking the other day when Blizzard made that announcement that "someone's going to go back to that thread on the Lounge and correct me."

Bastards!

Tongue
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
(08-17-2012, 09:46 PM)Bolty Wrote:
(08-17-2012, 01:38 AM)Shamago Wrote: For what it's worth, they have announced that you will not need to buy the expansion to create a panda.

I was just thinking the other day when Blizzard made that announcement that "someone's going to go back to that thread on the Lounge and correct me."

Bastards!

Tongue

Even the greatest men are wrong 99% of the time

-wives everywhere Big Grin

Kidding, but really who knew? It seems surprising that they would change course like this. Every other expac has been the same. Buy the expac to get access to the race.

What I find most interesting, is that because the pandas have their own "floating starting home" they are going to bundle that with the trial / free / base game.
(08-20-2012, 01:58 PM)shoju Wrote: Kidding, but really who knew? It seems surprising that they would change course like this. Every other expac has been the same. Buy the expac to get access to the race.

What I find most interesting, is that because the pandas have their own "floating starting home" they are going to bundle that with the trial / free / base game.

They need to tease the newer players more with what they are missing. The starting pandaren area is not that large and you are effectively blocked from going back to it once you are done. So it gives a chance for the FTP crowd to see what they are going to be missing in the end game by not subbing.
(08-20-2012, 09:20 PM)Ruvanal Wrote: They need to tease the newer players more with what they are missing. The starting pandaren area is not that large and you are effectively blocked from going back to it once you are done. So it gives a chance for the FTP crowd to see what they are going to be missing in the end game by not subbing.
::nod:: A group of us played through the starting area in a few hours. It's a good tutorial, graphically stunning, and has a good storyline. I wish I could return though, just to sit by the meditation pools or eat those delicious noodles in Mr. Ping's noodle shop. So peaceful...
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]