Norway Killer gets 21-Years
(08-30-2012, 08:49 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote: @Tal, perhaps threads wouldn't devolve if people didn't instigate the issue with me? Just a thought.

Let's roll the tape back.

Quote:This incident is a perfect example of why I'm a Communist, because the Capitalist system breeds horrible tragedies such as this one.

That would be you "instigating the issue."

-Jester
Lol, this last page was rather funny.

Inability to tolerate others and the willingness to do harm to others over abstract beliefs has breeded so much destruction we can hardly see past all of it.

It takes two to tango though.

And I really hate to say this, but I believe it was some of you that attacked Mr. Fire personally first. No matter how inane someone's argument may sound to you, I don't think it's okay to insinuate people have things in common with this killer. Not that his retaliatory behavior was any better, but let's not make it as one sided as it would seem. There are definitely a few comments that if addressed to me would have just gathered a "fuck off" post even if some is just sarcasm. But I mean, the discussion in the first page with him and Mavfin was actually pretty interesting to read, really.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
(08-30-2012, 10:58 PM)Archon_Wing Wrote: Lol, this last page was rather funny.

Inability to tolerate others and the willingness to do harm to others over abstract beliefs has breeded so much destruction we can hardly see past all of it.

And I really hate to say this, but I believe it was some of you that attacked Mr. Fire personally first. No matter how inane someone's argument may sound to you, I don't think it's okay to insinuate people have things in common with this killer. Not that his retaliatory behavior was any better, but let's not make it as one sided as it would seem. There are definitely a few comments that if addressed to me would have just gathered a "fuck off" post. But I mean, the discussion in the first page with him and Mavfin was actually pretty interesting to read, really.

Did someone here actually compare FIT to the Norway Killer? If so I missed it somewhere back on page...1, where I almost lost interest in this thread entirely. I'm not defending either side, just questioning your observations.

EDIT: I was rather disappointed FIT edited his post to Occi. Call me a sadist, but I was actually looking forward to seeing the reply to that, and not because I like one poster or dislike the other; it would have been good reading material is all.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
(08-30-2012, 11:13 PM)Taem Wrote:
(08-30-2012, 10:58 PM)Archon_Wing Wrote: Lol, this last page was rather funny.

And I really hate to say this, but I believe it was some of you that attacked Mr. Fire personally first. No matter how inane someone's argument may sound to you, I don't think it's okay to insinuate people have things in common with this killer. Not that his retaliatory behavior was any better, but let's not make it as one sided as it would seem. There are definitely a few comments that if addressed to me would have just gathered a "fuck off" post. But I mean, the discussion in the first page with him and Mavfin was actually pretty interesting to read, really.

Did someone here actually compare FIT to the Norway Killer? If so I missed it somewhere back on page...1, where I almost lost interest in this thread entirely. I'm not defending either side, just questioning your observations.

EDIT: I was rather disappointed FIT edited his post to Occi. Call me a sadist, but I was actually looking forward to seeing the reply to that, and not because I like one poster or dislike the other; it would have been good reading material is all.

Yes, it did. I love Occhi and all, but this was bound to spark something even if it wasn't 100% serious.

(08-29-2012, 02:02 AM)Occhidiangela Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 11:05 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote: The "no true-Scotsman" argument doesn't apply if the original context of something didn't exist or was contradicted. Good try though.

Uh, sorry, I don't think you understand what that argument is.

I do think you understand how to present yourself as a card carrying fool.

You may pat yourself on the back. If you pull a muscle, it'll be the second one. Don't forget to clean up afterwards.

You are the same quality of idealogue as that nitwit in Norway who should have been hanged.

I think I can offer you a theme song.

I am Irony Man!

Sing it loud, sing it proud.

As for the edited post, you're not missing anything exciting. It was about 6/10 on the rage post scale. My point is that FIT attacked capitalism, but people attacked him. Diffrence here, even if the first assertion is controversial. If he had said something like "Capitalists should all be placed in barrels and thrown off cliffs" then I wouldn't even be posting.

I'm not really defending him, but I'm just saying certain actions are going to lead to certain results. Just don't be surprised when they happen.

But I admit to chuckling, so carry on if you wish. Big Grin Humor is one method of diffusing depressing situations such as the topic matter.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Thread's done, personal attacks have gone overboard on both sides. We'll move this on to a future thread, I suppose.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.