My wife sweet talked our ISP into a bandwidth upgrade.
[Image: cAB02.jpg]

We used to have a 10 Mbps connection. My upload rate is still kind of crappy though.
Maybe your wife could do the same for me? 75Mb/s sounds beastly.

[Image: speedtesth.jpg]

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
(09-07-2012, 07:41 AM)NuurAbSaal Wrote: Maybe your wife could do the same for me? 75Mb/s sounds beastly.

[Image: speedtesth.jpg]

take care
Tarabulus

.51 is a bit annyoying for when making video calls with skype. My familymembers have connections with these low upload speeds and the images are usually a bit blurry.

By the way, we have a 1GBps connection in our flat. No problem to reach 700 MBps on speedtest. They tested this new speed half a year ago, but i don't think I will upgrade my abbonement......I do nothing with my computer that needs that kinds of speeds. And our current speeds are usually 90 MBps and 15 to 20 Mbps upload.
[Image: 2166297704.png]
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
(09-07-2012, 07:41 AM)NuurAbSaal Wrote: Maybe your wife could do the same for me? 75Mb/s sounds beastly.

It was kind of funny. She was on the phone questioning a few things about our bill (she always nitpicks every charge, bless her stingy heart), and got the salesguy to upgrade us from our old plan to the new one for only $4 more per month. She did it because it gives us 20GB more towards our bandwidth cap, and we also got a free new HD cable box and a new Cisco modem/router. She told me "the salesguy said it's also a bit faster". When I plugged in the new modem, I wasn't expecting a 7x speed boost.
(09-08-2012, 02:54 AM)DeeBye Wrote:

It was kind of funny. She was on the phone questioning a few things about our bill (she always nitpicks every charge, bless her stingy heart), and got the salesguy to upgrade us from our old plan to the new one for only $4 more per month. She did it because it gives us 20GB more towards our bandwidth cap, and we also got a free new HD cable box and a new Cisco modem/router. She told me "the salesguy said it's also a bit faster". When I plugged in the new modem, I wasn't expecting a 7x speed boost.

I still couldn't deal with a bandwidth cap. Sure I'm only running at 25 Mbps down / 1 Mbps up. I could upgrade to 50/2 but don't feel like paying more than I am, it's very very rare that I feel I need more down speed, though I do want more up speed often. But I would go nuts with a bandwidth limit. I have no TV, I stream Netflix/Hulu/NFL Rewind/etc all the time and still download a fair bit of other stuff (I've been playing with linux again so I'm grabbing various distros all the time). So while I'm envious of your 3x my down speed, I'll take slower and not have the bandwidth limit.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
We recently downgraded our service to save money.

[Image: 2167030646.png]
(09-08-2012, 12:09 PM)Tal Wrote: We recently downgraded our service to save money.

:Confusedhakes fist::

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
(09-09-2012, 09:12 AM)NuurAbSaal Wrote:
(09-08-2012, 12:09 PM)Tal Wrote: We recently downgraded our service to save money.

:Confusedhakes fist::

take care
Tarabulus

Don't worry - they don't charge extra for the "disconnect just as you, the main tank, pull a boss" feature.
(09-09-2012, 12:36 PM)Tal Wrote: Don't worry - they don't charge extra for the "disconnect just as you, the main tank, pull a boss" feature.

Oh, it's 8:30 PM already?
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.