Infernal machine farming anyone?
Hey thanks for the games last night, Archon. MP5 feels about 75% easier than 6, so even though there's a 10% less chance of a ring drop I think that's a good trade off. I ended up giving that amulet to my demon hunter, BTW. Sorry that you didn't get a key. Sad

But in general if we're in a game and I find an item that is an upgrade to another character I'm playing with, I don't mind giving it up. And you're under no obligation to do the same-just a personal philosophy of mine.

I've also been doing some Act 1 farming on MP1 with my Witch Doctor. Love it. Found several legendaries and got a good amount of XP.
Battletag: Aahzmadius#1570

B.net profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aahzm...570/career
Well, my first thought was that you could sell the amulet for tens of millions and then you could gear everyone. :p

However, it's rare these days that we actually use the things we find, so that's fine. It's just that when I find good items, it's usually an upgrade for someone else, so trading is required-- like the INT vile ward I just found a bit after we played.

Anyhow, I really did manage to pull an Inna's Pants off the AH for a few million thanks to bidding. It's pretty much bottom tier roll with no vit on it, so I had to use purple instead of green gems, but 24% movement speed is something I consider invaluable. It also gives me 4k~ dps, leading the unbuffed dps to be slightly short of 60k at the cost of some EHP. But getting more damage is needed to really do mp3+ effectively I'd say.

The lack of resists on the rest of the Inna set really discourages me from trying to wear the rest.

Personally, I think that speedrunning Mp1/2 might actually yield more keys because I can do more of them. Ubers are another issue of course.

In other news, I still hate Act 2.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Another successful run. Though, TBH, I think the hellfire ring is more of a bonus, you're more likely to have something nice drop along the way. Lots of legendaries dropping for Aahz at least...none for me yet Sad. But I'm still making a lot of gold and finding some good twink gear as well. So it's all good. I'm soo tempted to put my str hellfire ring on my baby DH's templar (she's level 24) just for lulz.
(11-09-2012, 04:28 AM)Athenau Wrote: Another successful run. Though, TBH, I think the hellfire ring is more of a bonus, you're more likely to have something nice drop along the way. Lots of legendaries dropping for Aahz at least...none for me yet Sad. But I'm still making a lot of gold and finding some good twink gear as well. So it's all good. I'm soo tempted to put my str hellfire ring on my baby DH's templar (she's level 24) just for lulz.

I agree that the ring is kind of a bonus. To me, it's more of a long-term investment thing. You get the bonus XP, which leads to more paragon levels, which leads to more magic find, which yields more shinies. I also like the idea of re-rolling the ring to try and improve it, although it might be nice if you could pick one more modifier than just the primary stat.

Ah, RNG is...whimsical. I had been running with a guildmate's barb earlier this week and seeing him get 4 legendaries in 2 days, to my zero. Then last night it flips and I get 2 on the same night. I gave the wand to my wizard and it was about a 2,500 DPS upgrade. It's half of a 2-item set, so I won a lower-tier source (550k) on the AH to complete it. Kind of fun, but it's not like I'm switching over to my wizard or anything.

Current hierarchy of my cadre, in terms of ability to handle higher monster power levels, is monk, witch doctor, demon hunter, [slight gap], wizard, [huge gap], and barb. It's possible my DH has surpassed the WD, but I would have to put in some play-time to test. I generally farm with the WD for the magic find; I will finally hit max in 6 paragon levels. I'm looking forward to that.

5 Mp2 Act 2 runs and 2 Mp5 Act 2 runs
0 keys.

Currently, I'm using the checkpoint trick to start in the Vault of the Assassin to make this more bearable. But ugh... :S Considering that organs aren't guaranteed it's gonna be a while before I should bother with the ring.
And after 2 set items later, I finally complete 3 keysets ready for ubering. I also got my dps to 72k unbuffed so if anyone wants to join or help out, just feel free to ask. =p

On a side note, I also found the gibbering gemstone. I've been searching since.... July?
Currently sitting on 3 act 2 keys, 2 Act 3 Keys (easy to get the last), and 0 act 1 keys, btw.

Thanks to everyone I get my first Hellfire Ring, which sucks. It's on my level 48 DH atm (profile has it but didn't update his level or stats) I did gain 15 levels on him fairly quickly.

Although it's very annoying the ring only has 4 random mods. I don't think that's enough. It already rolled +damage, attack speed, and magic find, but the ring is still highly inferior because 4 mods can only cover damage or defense. But this is a problem with the fact that critical hit chance and damage are almost mandatory for items these days. I think built in crit would help, or can the thing double roll the primary stat?

On the other hand it's good for the experience. And I may just play it safe and build an INT ring for my follower next time. ;p I just find it annoying that this is not a ring for max level characters-- essentially by the time I do find a good roll, I'll be plvl100 already. :p

IMO they needed to make the hellfire blast more flashy like it was in D2. My speculation is that there will be more hellfire items in the future, or perhaps hellfire recipes that require the organs.
I agree that for all the effort put in to finding the ring, it would be nice if it were a little better. Maybe you could choose one other mod to be guaranteed, or at least guarantee crit chance, damage or IAS as one of the mods. But right now it's essentially a gimmick that helps you gain paragon levels. Of course I have one equipped on my witch doctor, so I guess I've taken the bait. Smile

With that first game, I think we easily could have handled MP6. I ran another game with 2 other guild members who are a bit under-geared (plus the same elite DH) and we completed ubers on 6. We had to be close to the enrage timers, but we made it.

Also, let me again apologize, Archon, for the fiasco in creating games last night. We had been helping someone get his monk through hell difficulty and then both of us forgot to change that when we set up new games. I'm not that incompetent ALL of the time...

Oh, I was gonna log off anyways, so that was never an issue =p
I think Aahz and I have done the ubers on MP6 (with AngelStar, the 250k dps DH doing most of the heavy lifting)? So I'm up for bumping the MP level one higher.
I did another uber run last night on MP5 with Angelstar and a couple of other guildmates that have a bit lower gear (wizard and DH). I rolled the 0-fer: no organs through the 3 fights and no key from the warden. The RNG was not kind.

I did find a couple of crappy legendaries, but one is interesting. A Gidbinn ceremonial knife. It has 34% magic find on it, and my witch doctor has always had magic find gear. I think I'm going to try it out even though it's a huge hit in DPS. It's sub-optimal, I'm sure, but I would finally be at max magic find.

If people are still doing this, add my forum name /1935 to the list.

I've only solo farmed some act I keys at mpower 4.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
And the Archon keyfarming machine acquires 3 more sets of keys. Act 1 sucked as always but RNG was nice and the KeyWarden was not hiding much. It took a bit more than an hour to get all 3 (1 Mp5 and 4 mp6 runs). Also have 1 extra hate key and 3 extra terror keys. Probably will be opening those portals on Friday.

I have no confidence in building a dex hellfire (assuming I even get one this time) being suitable for either my DH or Monk, and my first already sits on my DH's scoundrel, so I may just build a Hellfire Ring for my enchantress...
Well, some Ubers down and... 2 eyes and 2 spines.

Wtf! I can't stand Act 1 anymore. Not going to farm keys for a long while. >.>
AW, how about we set up a game for tomorrow evening? I think you're on west coast time-or maybe just play later than I usually do. But tomorrow night I pledge to stay up as late as it takes (I have Friday off) to do key runs, or item farming runs, or whatever. So name the time and I promise this time I'll accept the invite and actually stay awhile.

Mm, won't be around today, maybe Friday.

But don't worry about it, I don't really have interest in key/uber farming atm. Though personally, I think you would all benefit from having my monk grace your presence. Hell, I even logged on once and was asked to help with ubers and there were no more elites to build stacks. Wink

My new amulet is srs business and seems to let me survive 1 more mp level.
I crafted my first Hellfire ring today, killing ubs with a friend and one of his buddies in a MP8 run. Got 180 Int, 71 Vit, and crit dmg and couple other decent stats. Was hoping to get crit chance and attack speed in there but it nevertheless is a solid improvement over one of my other rings. It seems Blizz has really solved the endgame issue - between paragon levels and farming for keys and ubers, this is enough to keep you busy for a long while. I can farm MP7 reasonably using a CM build Wiz, though it is a bit slow trying to find the wardens usually. Also, I am bit tired of elites spawning with molten and desecrator, seems 90% of them have at least one of these.

Quote:In other news, I still hate Act 2.

I have to second this, the Act 2 Warden is a huge pain to kill. Might be worth it for me to drop the MP down some when farming here.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
They're definitely steps towards an endgame, but they can only be part of it. They'll need more infernal events like this, and ultimately pvp will have people searching for the very best of items.

Ultimately the Hellfire Ring is just another ring with experience on it. That's not a bad thing, but I feel there should be like, say, a unique charm event too.
I loved PvP in D1, but I can't say that I am excited about it for D3. Random matches in arenas with timers? No thank you.

Man, farming those warden keys really does take its toll. I can only do about two of these at a time before I need a break. I do them at mp7 or 8, but thats to keep my chances of getting the key to drop high. The item drops are supposedly better also, though I really don't see a whole lot of difference from lower mp levels. I'm wondering if I should drop down to like mp 3 or 4, where I can kill a bit quicker, though the chances of the key dropping are greatly decreased. I played a couple mp8 games today that were really bad, loooooots of tough packs, and in one of them the warden didn't even drop the key.

When you fight the ubers, does Leo and the Witch always spawn first? Or it is random? Thus far, every time I've made a machine (or anyone else i've seen for that matter), those two always spawn first, then its Ghom/Rakinoth, and Siegebreaker/Kulle last.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
I believe it's random

Yea I really hate the lame arena crap. They need to bring back 1 on 1 duels.