This place needs an enima, so here's something totally non-political.
http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/disney-a...s-creator/

That's right, Disney buys Lucasfilm. Personally, I never thought Lucas was that amazing, but I love the Star Wars franchise.
(10-31-2012, 04:37 PM)Ashock Wrote: http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/disney-a...s-creator/

That's right, Disney buys Lucasfilm. Personally, I never thought Lucas was that amazing, but I love the Star Wars franchise.

If somebody didn't put this, I was. Amazing! I can't wait to see what Disney can do with LucasFilms!
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
I am hesitant, if only because I want to make sure that Disney keeps the property intact, the way they have with Marvel. I love the Clone Wars cartoon. I want it to keep going as is. It's freaking awesome.

I made this to celebrate the merger. Hopefully, this isn't what really happens.

[Image: 66568_10151236933898390_1873463687_n.jpg]
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
(10-31-2012, 04:37 PM)Ashock Wrote: http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/disney-a...s-creator/

Maybe they can make a star wars movie which doesn't make me fall asleep in the cinema. But probably it won't because I will not bother to go to the cinema and pay for some stupid science fiction movie.

Of course most other people will go to the cinema and pay for this.....otherwise disney would never pay 4 billion dollars for lucasfilms. Anyway, it will again be some masterpiece with a great story.
^^I tend to agree. I only go to the movies if it's something I really want to see, otherwise I just wait for it to come out on DVD or pay-per view. Never was a really big star wars fan. Love "Lord of the Rings" though, and I will definitely be going to see The Hobbit on the big screen in December.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
Yeah, lord of the rings was the other movie that made me fall asleep.
(10-31-2012, 07:00 PM)eppie Wrote: Of course most other people will go to the cinema and pay for this.....otherwise disney would never pay 4 billion dollars for lucasfilms. Anyway, it will again be some masterpiece with a great story.
I believe they are more likely to value it for the the merchandising. They make gazillions more from Disney merchandise than they ever have or will from the media. But, knowing Disney, their aim is to find ways to engage youngsters to persuade their parents to spend their money on Disney entertainment and products.

It will be interesting to see what happens to LucasArts and Disney Interactive. Hopefully, DI gets absorbed into LucasArts which I feel is the stronger game design studio.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

I want Pixar to be put in charge of the Clone Wars animated series.

(10-31-2012, 07:00 PM)eppie Wrote: Maybe they can make a star wars movie which doesn't make me fall asleep in the cinema. But probably it won't because I will not bother to go to the cinema and pay for some stupid science fiction movie.

(10-31-2012, 08:43 PM)eppie Wrote: Yeah, lord of the rings was the other movie that made me fall asleep.

We just can't be friends anymore. Do you hate Star Trek too?
I hope this means they will bring more of the spotlight to the true star of the SW saga. The Binks family.

Not that Jar Jar idiot, but his father. George R. Binks.

http://www.maakies.com/?p=700

[Image: GRB-1_2-1.jpg]
If what Disney has done with Marvel is any indication, things will be better than ever. The only real 'casualty' I can see is probably EU, particularly Zahn's books.

Edit:
(11-01-2012, 03:23 AM)DeeBye Wrote: Do you hate Star Trek too?
To be fair, until the recent reboot, the Star Trek movies were at best fandom jerkoffs and at worst razzle dazzle.

Also, love the title, Ashock Smile
[Image: joker.jpg]
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
(11-01-2012, 03:23 AM)DeeBye Wrote: We just can't be friends anymore. Do you hate Star Trek too?

No I don't hate it.....but that is because I have never seen an entire episode.

But can't we just be friends by sitting on a lawn with a beer in our hands.....talking about somehting else than movies? Smile
News is breaking today that George Lucas is planning to take his 4 billion disney dollars and build a charity for education. I'm stunned.

http://collider.com/george-lucas-lucasfi...ty/207790/

That is super cool.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
Quote:We just can't be friends anymore. Do you hate Star Trek too?

I've always been a fan of anything Star Trek related, and love Tolkien, but I found the LoTR movies to be terrible.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
(11-01-2012, 04:08 PM)Frag Wrote: If what Disney has done with Marvel is any indication, things will be better than ever. The only real 'casualty' I can see is probably EU, particularly Zahn's books.

Edit:
(11-01-2012, 03:23 AM)DeeBye Wrote: Do you hate Star Trek too?
To be fair, until the recent reboot, the Star Trek movies were at best fandom jerkoffs and at worst razzle dazzle.

Also, love the title, Ashock Smile
[Image: joker.jpg]

Yep, it's a worthy quote from a real underrated movie :-)
(11-01-2012, 05:04 PM)eppie Wrote: sitting on a lawn with a beer in our hands

Done deal.
Enema.

For reference, I offer you Frank Zappa and the Illinois Enema Bandit.

Cheers.

When Pluto is revealed as a Sith Lord, the farce will be complete.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete