What's happening?
What is going on with the recent plethora of ad spam? Have they figured out some way to mass post their drivel? Is there anything us users should be doing to stem the tide? I'd hate to miss a good post so each thread that is necromanced has to be opened, even if the poster is ignored. A big sigh each time a forum is opened to find a page full of spammer necroed threads. Even so, I thank the moderators as this is probably only the tip of the spamberg that gets past them.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(11-03-2012, 03:24 PM)LochnarITB Wrote: Is there anything us users should be doing to stem the tide?

Best thing to do is to report the posts so that Bolty can delete them. I've been banning as I see them but can't do anything with the posts unless they happen in forums I moderate.
The forum software makes calls to http://www.stopforumspam.com whenever a user registers. What is likely happening is that some spammers are finding ways around this, or the site as of late is having more difficulty tracking the spambots.

The spam that you DO see is literally the 0.01% of the spambots' attempts to raid this forum.

We'll see how it progresses. As Tal says, reporting is your weapon.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.