Post-patch Raiding
Quote:Yeah. We killed KJ pre-patch, returned post-patch for a ninety-minute romp that felt like we were taking the guild on a 25-man Heroic Mech.

I would recommend a Sunwell trip for everyone. Two weeks is plenty of time to clear the place in its current form, even if you've never seen any of the fights before.

4 hours of wipes later, we got our Outland Raider achievements.

By far the most amazing fight in this game.
Quote:By far the most amazing fight in this game.
I still say Kael'thas in Tempest Keep has this distinction. That was the premier raid encounter of TBC. Kil'Jaeden's got the cool Ragnaros-style-holy-crap-look-at-that entrance working in his favor, but the complexities of the Kael'thas fight, the legendary weapons you use against him and his posse, and the oh-snap-here-comes-the-Pyro moments can't be topped.

Both fights were insanely hard before their respective nerfs and using appropriate gear levels, but Kael'thas is just cooler. :)

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:I still say Kael'thas in Tempest Keep has this distinction. That was the premier raid encounter of TBC. Kil'Jaeden's got the cool Ragnaros-style-holy-crap-look-at-that entrance working in his favor, but the complexities of the Kael'thas fight, the legendary weapons you use against him and his posse, and the oh-snap-here-comes-the-Pyro moments can't be topped.

Both fights were insanely hard before their respective nerfs and using appropriate gear levels, but Kael'thas is just cooler. :)

-Bolty

While I haven't seen K'J, I have to agree that up to Sunwell, Kael takes way more attention and everyone doing what they have to do when they have to do it. Vashj I would say comes in a close second. Illidan seems like a let down in comparison (phase one the onus is on the mages to get the parasites dealt with, phase 2 is the two Flame tanks paying attention and working in coordination until one flame is dead, phase 3 is the boring phase, phase 4 is the DPS getting those Demons down ASAP before they take out people, phase 5 becomes the onus of the healers and the Tank blowing cooldowns at the right time or trying to drag over the traps and the Warlock tank reorientating to be at maximum range for the next phase 4). Sadly, Archimonde is people staying alive and paying attention to stay alive, outside of that, it's a straight forward tank and spank.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Here are some different post-patch raiding moments for you, and I'm sure many of you have laughed at these as well, personally.

UBRS
- A great time 3-manning it with Keldor and Shnukums (elemental and enhancement shaman).

AQ20
- Sweet revenge on Ossirian as I tanked the bastard right on his stairs, completely ignoring the old, tedious strategy of kiting him around the room and using crystals on him to defeat his enrage.

BWL Joint Kotd/Lurker Raid
- Vael dying before the MT got burning adrenaline.
- Drakes dying so fast we didn't need to do any tank switching.
- Just tanking Chromaggus in the middle of the room he starts in without all the cubby-humping crap.
- Laughing hard as we annihilated every drakonid that spawned before it could even leave the little cave it spawns in.
- Laughing harder when Nefarian's initial Shadow Flame killed almost half of a full 40-man level 70 raid because we didn't bother making new Onyxia cloaks for people without them.
Jormuttar is Soo Fat...