It's 12/21/2012...
Greetings.

It's 0425 and, *gasp*, I'm still here! No strange or bright lights, no strange or loud sounds, and no strange vibrations. Could it be? Could it actually be, that the stupidity of the masses will be the cause of destruction? Or is the reality of the situation that NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN? Who knows? The day is far from over.

Nomad
R.I.P. Pete! I can't believe you're gone. Sad
Quote:The day is far from over.

It's already over in New Zealand.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
(12-21-2012, 10:31 AM)Nomad25055 Wrote: Greetings.

It's 0425 and, *gasp*, I'm still here! No strange or bright lights, no strange or loud sounds, and no strange vibrations. Could it be? Could it actually be, that the stupidity of the masses will be the cause of destruction? Or is the reality of the situation that NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN? Who knows? The day is far from over.

Nomad

It is interesting how a large group of people all of a sudden thinks that the Maya are right about something?

I mean how does that work? You wake up one day and think; maybe I should find out what maya people who lived a very long time ago think about this....and then I will believe everything they said?
(12-21-2012, 12:25 PM)eppie Wrote: It is interesting how a large group of people all of a sudden thinks that the Maya are right about something?

I mean how does that work? You wake up one day and think; maybe I should find out what maya people who lived a very long time ago think about this....and then I will believe everything they said?

Not to mention the whole "Didn't see the Spanish coming" end of their civilization.

inb4 "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition"
I set my alarm early so I'd be awake for the end. Welcome to the new beginning.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

well really, the mayans NEVER said it was the end of the world...
they just didnt make more of the calender, though one was recently found that goes until ~6000 ad
[Image: bldavis.png]
All the fuss over a missed shopping trip! Mrs. Mayan forgot to go to the market so, when Mr. Mayan ran out of the tablets he used to write calendars, he couldn't and he never got back to the project. Mrs. Mayan was pretty much a slave driver and there were just too many other items on her HoneyDo list for Mr. Mayan! Big Grin
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
I guess I'm gonna party like it's 1999!
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
(12-21-2012, 12:45 PM)Tal Wrote:
(12-21-2012, 12:25 PM)eppie Wrote: It is interesting how a large group of people all of a sudden thinks that the Maya are right about something?

Not to mention the whole "Didn't see the Spanish coming" end of their civilization.

inb4 "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition"

As far as the Mayans are concerned, a few things.

One, they did not predict an apocalypse, nor do they have anything to do with this ridiculousness. The ending of one bak'tun and the beginning of the next is no more or less significant than a Millennium by the Christian calendar. The bak'tun is not even the largest unit in the Mayan calendar, although it is the largest one usually counted.

Two, Mayan civilization was not ended by the arrival of the Spanish. Classical Mayan civilization had collapsed 500 years before Columbus sailed the ocean blue. The Mayan people, and their way of life, has continued ever since, as they were not wiped out by the Spanish.

-Jester
Chiapas, Mexico, if that is a remnant of Mayan Civ, shows how far they have fallen.

Maybe they weren't that great of a civilization in the first place. Tongue
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete