We've Moved!
If you can read this, your DNS information is properly pointing you to the Lurker Lounge's new host. We've moved in order to continue operating the site for years to come. Enjoy!
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
(03-16-2013, 05:13 AM)Bolty Wrote: If you can read this, your DNS information is properly pointing you to the Lurker Lounge's new host. We've moved in order to continue operating the site for years to come. Enjoy!

Smile

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
(03-16-2013, 05:13 AM)Bolty Wrote: If you can read this, your DNS information is properly pointing you to the Lurker Lounge's new host. We've moved in order to continue operating the site for years to come. Enjoy!

Glad you got that all worked out.

Am also very interested in seeing a continuing discussion regarding content options. As someone that has been a content creator at times it intrigues me regarding the ways things could proceed.

I know Frag was playing around with streaming PoE for a bit. And I've consistently been interested in putting videos together for youtube. I think that if there are enough Lurkers interested in making content then we may have some options. It may not be the same type of content that the Lounge was 10 years ago but things evolve. =) I know I'd love to watch a video series of you and Kevin playing Orcs Must Die 2! and figuring it out along the way.

Anywho, now that hosting is figured out let's keep the content discussions going and figure out what is best for the lounge to produce.
I am very glad to see this! Thank you very much.
(03-17-2013, 04:39 AM)Chesspiece_face Wrote: As someone that has been a content creator at times it intrigues me regarding the ways things could proceed.

Reading your post gave me the thought that a forum section called The Lounge Productions or Lounger Production could be made. Then people could post podcasts, videos, metal craft, yarn craft, paintings, music, websites... anything that a lounger makes and want discussion on. User creation threads have been somewhat popular when they have happened so far. Probably because we all feel a relation to each other and so enjoy seeing/discussing things each create. So a forum along those lines could be interesting. I just am unsure if there would be enough content to justify it's own forum instead of people just making threads in the general one. A sub-forum might encourage posts though?
My DNS thinger is pointing at your new host thinger, in the most platonic and unthreatening way possible.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
(03-17-2013, 09:34 AM)swirly Wrote:
(03-17-2013, 04:39 AM)Chesspiece_face Wrote: As someone that has been a content creator at times it intrigues me regarding the ways things could proceed.

Reading your post gave me the thought that a forum section called The Lounge Productions or Lounger Production could be made. Then people could post podcasts, videos, metal craft, yarn craft, paintings, music, websites... anything that a lounger makes and want discussion on. User creation threads have been somewhat popular when they have happened so far. Probably because we all feel a relation to each other and so enjoy seeing/discussing things each create. So a forum along those lines could be interesting. I just am unsure if there would be enough content to justify it's own forum instead of people just making threads in the general one. A sub-forum might encourage posts though?

I would probably post more.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
(03-16-2013, 05:13 AM)Bolty Wrote: your DNS information is properly pointing you to the Lurker Lounge's new host.

Phew! Mine finally is pointing to yours. Been fighting for a few days to make it so. Reboots, /flushdns, /displaydns, whois lookups that showed the move and a raw IP - nothing did the trick until I tried again today. Don't know where the hangup was but I was in a panic! Wink Did you know the site at the old host is still functional? I have a post there, only post since the 16th, labeled "Is my browser broken"

I'm back and Tiger just won again - a good day!
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."