Proxy help
I'm completely clueless about proxies, but I need a program that changes my IP every time I hit "refresh". So far "Tor Project: Anonyminity" looks most promising (and ad free) but here is the issue I'm having: I have a visual basic.net program I wrote (I'm still a beginner btw) which I have open up a WebBrowser1, navigate to the site I need it to, identify the elements I need information on, then refresh the page, and I need it to change my IP to get more information, hence why I want to use the proxy. My problem is I have no clue how to code my program to use TOR instead of the native WebBrowswer form, so I was hoping for a different way, maybe to load the proxy up via WebBrowser, or go to a proxy webpage (without hundreds of ads). Any recommendations, or is figuring out how to use TOR my best bet? And did I mention, I know NOTHING about proxy use; today is the second day I've ever done any real research into them and I'm mostly completely confused at this point.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Do you have to use VB? There is a Python API for Tor.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
(04-24-2013, 01:13 AM)LennyLen Wrote: Do you have to use VB? There is a Python API for Tor.

I don't know any other language but VB .net, and I'm still learning it.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Well, if there's no other reason for using VB.net, and you're still new to the language, you could learn Python instead. It is a far more useful language to know and there are .net bindings for it if you do want to use .net features.

One of the design philosophies of Python is code readability and ease of use, so it is very easy to learn compared to most other languages. I've only used it once myself, when there was a Python library I wanted to use and it seemed easier to learn Python than to create a C++ version of the library, and from never having seen a single line of Python code, I was able to write the program I needed in a couple of hours.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
(04-24-2013, 04:29 PM)LennyLen Wrote: Well, if there's no other reason for using VB.net, and you're still new to the language, you could learn Python instead. It is a far more useful language to know and there are .net bindings for it if you do want to use .net features.

One of the design philosophies of Python is code readability and ease of use, so it is very easy to learn compared to most other languages. I've only used it once myself, when there was a Python library I wanted to use and it seemed easier to learn Python than to create a C++ version of the library, and from never having seen a single line of Python code, I was able to write the program I needed in a couple of hours.
I concur. I have nothing much against .net. It is a language that can be taught at a basic level quickly, however hard things get really hard.

Python on the other hand, is also easy to learn the basics. But my experience, (with Python and Java has been) as you grow in capability the fundamentals you've learned will extend more readily into the more complex aspects of your coding. Both .net and Python will have extensive communities and resources willing to help you as well, so in other words, just because .net is more prevalent doesn't discount Python's level of support.

I'm working on learning R. Which is not so much in any category above.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

At work right now so doing the phone thing. A few q's:

1. Is Python free?
2. Can you compile .exe's, or is it one of those sandbox languages requiring sdk's or the program itself to run?
3. Are there converters from .net to python? For example, there are converters for vb6 to vb.net, and I've seen them for C also. I'd hate to have to recode everything I've worked on already when I'm already 95% finished.
Yes, yes, no, no, but there are .net libraries for Python (e.g. http://pythonnet.sourceforge.net/)
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]