D&D Neverwinter open beta
Hi all,

Since the briefly diverting but ultimately disappointing (for me) releases of DIII and TLII, I basically have been playing nothing for months.

I did, however, just kick the tires on the free-to-play Dungeons & Dragons Neverwinter MMORPG open beta.

Most interesting bits:
  • No locked targeting or tab targeting -- you target basically by pointing yourself at something
  • User created quests and content (approved, so no juvenile moronic stuff gets through)

Being F2P you would spend money to buy chests of items or faster mounts, etc. I find the melee combat to be much more satisfying than WoW. I can't say much about balance or long term play, but has all the appearances of a solid entry.

Might be worth a look for some of you.
i have been playing this as well, and i have to agree that melee combat is MUCH better than wow
the foundry (user created content) is a great addition and most of the stuff i have played in it are really good..surprisingly good for user created
[Image: bldavis.png]
I just finished Lair of the Mad Dragon (level 36 dungeon), first hard content ingame and ... I haven't felt this way about a game since WoW vanilla. It's pretty sweet and I'm trying not to fall in love with it, but the deeper I get into the game the richer it becomes.

I'm playing a GWF on Dragon server, @lurkerfrag.
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
How is the game for solo play? Do instances (dungeons, etc.) and questing require grouping or can most stuff be done by us anti-social types?
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
I've only soloed except for my three instance runs to see the content. Around level 16, if you don't spend money, you receive your first companion (think smart AI pet of a flavor of your choice) and you can earn more as you level or purchase. I'm playing the 'most gimped' class and had no issues, so I'm sure you'd kick the holy living shit outta stuff on a Wizard. Smile
(05-10-2013, 05:35 PM)Frag Wrote: I just finished Lair of the Mad Dragon (level 36 dungeon), first hard content ingame and ... I haven't felt this way about a game since WoW vanilla. It's pretty sweet and I'm trying not to fall in love with it, but the deeper I get into the game the richer it becomes.

This may be the strongest complement to a game I've seen in a while. I may need to check this out.
Been hearing lots of good things about this game lately. Negatives are queue times and the (current) general lack of much to do at endgame, but they're adding stuff as they go along.

If I ever quit WoW, this would be the kind of game I'd look at. Smile
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
(05-13-2013, 12:52 PM)Bolty Wrote: Been hearing lots of good things about this game lately. Negatives are queue times and the (current) general lack of much to do at endgame, but they're adding stuff as they go along.

If I ever quit WoW, this would be the kind of game I'd look at. Smile

Both of those are valid complaints. In that regard, it's quite a bit like the first couple years of WoW. Smile
Argh, for the moment I completely withdraw my recommendation of Neverwinter and recommend that if you look into it, you stick completely and solely to the free portions of the game. There has been an economic exploit in place since day 1 that has destroyed the economy and Perfect World Games aren't going to be doing any wipes, period, nor are any new shards planned, only merges. Sad
Game over man! Game over!
(05-20-2013, 09:05 PM)Chesspiece_face Wrote: Game over man! Game over! (NSFW)

Fixed it for you. Cool

"They mostly come at night, mostly."
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."