DMC: Devil May Cry
I love the whole angels vs demons genre, so I picked up the game for PC on sale. It seems at first blush to be much like the Legacy of Kain series, crossed with a more hardcore actioner hack/slash type like Doom3. I skipped the DLC stuff for now to see how much I like it.

I didn't play the original trilogy, so I'm starting with a learning curve. My first mistake was to begin my char at hard difficulty -- after the initial fight in which I ran around like a possessed school girl I was pwned. I need to start a new game at least at Normal to develop the twitch skills required.

Anyone else?
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Hey Kandrathe,

I've heard good things about DMC: Devil May Cry, and have been wanting to play it. As soon as I see it for sale around $20 USD I'll pick it up. Let me know what your thoughts are as you progress through the game. I played a bit of the originals and greatly enjoyed them.
I didn't even know there was a PC port for it. Now if only there was more ports to the PC, console excluse' is understandable for the first few years, but after a while I wouldn't mind seeing formerly console only titles ported to the PC.

Anyhow thanks for the interesting info.
(06-05-2013, 03:00 PM)kandrathe Wrote: I love the whole angels vs demons genre, so I picked up the game for PC on sale. It seems at first blush to be much like the Legacy of Kain series, crossed with a more hardcore actioner hack/slash type like Doom3. I skipped the DLC stuff for now to see how much I like it.

I didn't play the original trilogy, so I'm starting with a learning curve. My first mistake was to begin my char at hard difficulty -- after the initial fight in which I ran around like a possessed school girl I was pwned. I need to start a new game at least at Normal to develop the twitch skills required.

Anyone else?

Of course it is non of my business but I am just wondering how it is possible that many of you have so much time to play not one but several games at a time.

I am lucky if I manage to play 1 hour a day, but most of the time I don't manage. I know some people who don't need more than 3 hours sleep a night....but sleeping after playing a computer game, usually doesn't work so good.
(06-10-2013, 07:10 AM)eppie Wrote: Of course it is non of my business but I am just wondering how it is possible that many of you have so much time to play not one but several games at a time.

I am lucky if I manage to play 1 hour a day, but most of the time I don't manage. I know some people who don't need more than 3 hours sleep a night....but sleeping after playing a computer game, usually doesn't work so good.

I know a few friends who can squeeze in 30min-hour for a game, and they have to take care of their families as well.

Considering 30 minutes is the length of a bad sitcom with commercials, it's a do-able time management\juggling.
(06-10-2013, 01:07 PM)Hammerskjold Wrote:
(06-10-2013, 07:10 AM)eppie Wrote: Of course it is non of my business but I am just wondering how it is possible that many of you have so much time to play not one but several games at a time.

I know a few friends who can squeeze in 30min-hour for a game, and they have to take care of their families as well.

Considering 30 minutes is the length of a bad sitcom with commercials, it's a do-able time management\juggling.

Well yes, but when you think about the games played by lounge members....these are typically games that don't really work for when you play 30 minutes at a time.

But anyway, yes, that is how I do now. But I read threads on strategy's of playing PoE or Diablo3 for level 70 characters etc. etc.....I mean that requires some time.
(06-10-2013, 01:10 PM)eppie Wrote: But anyway, yes, that is how I do now. But I read threads on strategy's of playing PoE or Diablo3 for level 70 characters etc. etc.....I mean that requires some time.

Well you played some of those, and I haven't (only briefly at a friends house with D3), so you may be able to answer my question.

Does PoE and D3 give bonus exp points when you're playing in a group?

I remember with D2 at least, there was a noticeable difference when you're online grouped vs offline solo. In offline solo it can take me many weekends (4+) to level up a character to the 70s-80s. I once took a D2 realm character to the 70s during the a new season start(more players at that time), in probably half the time.
(06-10-2013, 01:34 PM)Hammerskjold Wrote: Well you played some of those, and I haven't (only briefly at a friends house with D3), so you may be able to answer my question.

Does PoE and D3 give bonus exp points when you're playing in a group?

I remember with D2 at least, there was a noticeable difference when you're online grouped vs offline solo. In offline solo it can take me many weekends (4+) to level up a character to the 70s-80s. I once took a D2 realm character to the 70s during the a new season start(more players at that time), in probably half the time.

I see, I understand what you mean.
Diablo 3 I haven't played and PoE only single player, so I am not sure how this worked.

That question feels like an insult. "Why don't you get off your lazy butts and do something worthwhile?" I hope that is unintended and that it is probably just a reflection of my situation. Medical issues have me leaving a small apartment only once a week for medical appointments and leave me with far too much time on my hands otherwise. Gaming and Internet and boob tube and reading all serve to keep my sanity. If the first two didn't exist I doubt I would still have whatever shred of sanity people would still credit me with.

TMI? Maybe, but know that I'd trade situations with you in a heartbeat, sight unseen.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."

Mmmm... For me, I don't watch TV. I work about 40 hours/week at my job with 60 minutes commute, and do the household chores like cooking, washing, cleaning. My wife is mostly bed ridden, so I care for her and the kids.

My main source of entertainment is gaming. The first computer games I played were in the early 70's when you had to interpret the data from print outs. Now they are much more sophisticated.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

(06-10-2013, 06:43 PM)LochnarITB Wrote: Gaming and Internet and boob tube and reading all serve to keep my sanity. If the first two didn't exist I doubt I would still have whatever shred of sanity people would still credit me with.

There's some really good stuff on TV for a while now, but I haven't watched it in the traditional way.

Battlestar Galactica, Game of Thrones, (early to mid seasons) Madmen, etc etc. All enjoyable to me. But for the most part, I've watched them either on DVD, or friend's house by Netflix.

If it was only me in the house, I would unsubscribe to cable TV, and maybe just buy an aerial antennae. And bump up my innernets to broadband unlimited.

I still would buy\play offline vid games, but in general I found the innernets has replaced a lot of what cable tv used to offer. Hell, 'Arrested Development' got a revival on Netflix. Things are definitely a changing.
I suspect eppie might be one of those people who wastes most of his day (or night) sleeping. Sometimes I splurge with 5 or 6 uninterrupted hours of sleep, but most of the time I get by with a few.

(06-10-2013, 10:56 PM)kandrathe Wrote: I suspect eppie might be one of those people who wastes most of his day (or night) sleeping. Sometimes I splurge with 5 or 6 uninterrupted hours of sleep, but most of the time I get by with a few.

Hi all,
no I absolutely don't want to insult anybody. I just know that many people here on the lounge have full time jobs, or kids or both and when looking at my own situation I can't understand how they have the time to also game a lot.
True, I waste time in other ways, but besides work, 8 hours sleep, preparing and eating meals, there just is not so much time left for me.....especially with two small kids now.

edit: @Lochnar; insulting people that game a lot would be a bit strange in my position.......''''after 10 years under cover writing comments on the lounge, eppie showed his real face and started insulting other lounge member about their gaming habits'''. Smile
(06-11-2013, 06:22 AM)eppie Wrote: edit: @Lochnar; insulting people that game a lot would be a bit strange in my position.......''''after 10 years under cover writing comments on the lounge, eppie showed his real face and started insulting other lounge member about their gaming habits'''. Smile

Yeah, no worries, like I said.

Quote:that it is probably just a reflection of my situation

There are days when I feel like I should be doing more. But, I've actually had a doctor, who worked with me for several years, call me hyper compliant when I said I probably wasn't a very good patient. Doing what you're told you're supposed to be doing can still leave one feeling lacking and frustrated when progress comes exceptionally slow. Huh Undecided

Next on Dr. Phil...
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(06-11-2013, 06:22 AM)eppie Wrote: ...especially with two small kids now.
That's the reason... :-) Mine are 11 & 13 this fall. They can only stand doing stuff with me for so long...

But they are more fun now than when they were toddlers (and they can help out around the house now.)

I picked up some coop board games we play together... Like; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkham_Horror