Path of Exile - Patch 0.11.1
Can't say my Witch is too happy about the helmet art updates in this patch. Needless to say, some of the new helmet graphics are done better than others. It's also been a pretty buggy patch. Various monsters are dealing an abnormally large amount of damage, leading to unexpected character deaths in Hardcore. Thankfully as I type this Patch 0.11.1C was released that fixed the unintentional monster damage increase.

Five new Uniques have been integrated into the game, one being the first Unique flask ever created. It's important to note that the bonuses only apply while your life and mana are not full. If you top off with Health and Mana then the item quantity, resistances, and other bonuses will fade away. Regardless, the multipurpose nature of the item (Life, Mana, +all maximum resistances) still make it a useful potion and I'd gladly use it on some of my characters.

The next Unique is something your Spellcaster would be glad to get his or her hands on starting from level one. It's a Paua ring that will certainly help out with any mana problems you may be having. If you continue to have mana problems late game it'll also be a boost to your experience, and wait for it, wisdom scrolls.

Infernal Mantle is one of the weaker uniques I've seen lately. In my opinion the drawback of taking 100% more spell damage is too large compared to the benefits. A lot of people use multiple auras which might already put you in that low mana category (< 35%). But if you're an Energy Shield based character and using Fire spells in a non-hardcore league, I could certainly imagine you'd be giving it a try.

A high level one handed sword is the last new unique in this patch that can drop off monsters. It has very respectable damage and attack speed, and would be ideal for dual wield elemental melee builds. I doubt I've found any rare one handed melee weapons that have higher DPS than this Unique. The last new Unique is a race reward which I'm not sure of the abilities yet.

Various other updates from the patch can be read here. I look forward to trying out the returned Diamond Flasks with my Crit builds, and the indirect buff to Facebreaker, if I ever find one!