Kudos where it's due
Hi,

I was lead to believe that some of the PoE devs read this forum. I just wanted to say, I only discovered this game recently and I've been truly blown away. It was everything I wanted from Diablo 3 and more. The quality of life improvements over Diablo 2 are enough to finally lay it to rest on my hard drive. Truly outstanding work guys.

With all that being said, what's the best way I can contribute to make the game better? I've been meaning to file bug reports but so far I haven't even found any! I've been spreading the word about PoE at another gaming forum I'm a regular at and I know at least a dozen of them have signed up.

Anyway, thanks again for your hard work.
(08-01-2013, 03:46 AM)Hocus_ Wrote: I was lead to believe that some of the PoE devs read this forum.

If so, it's the first I've heard of it. If you do want them to read your comments, post on the official forums. Chris and the gang do an amazing job of actually listening to and responding to the players.

(08-01-2013, 03:46 AM)Hocus_ Wrote: It was everything I wanted from Diablo 3 and more. The quality of life improvements over Diablo 2 are enough to finally lay it to rest on my hard drive. Truly outstanding work guys.

That pretty much sums up my feelings towards PoE. I didn't even bother with D3.

(08-01-2013, 03:46 AM)Hocus_ Wrote: With all that being said, what's the best way I can contribute to make the game better? I've been meaning to file bug reports but so far I haven't even found any! I've been spreading the word about PoE at another gaming forum I'm a regular at and I know at least a dozen of them have signed up.

Spreading the word is definitely the best way of helping out, I'm sure. Supporting the game financially, even if it's just a few small microtransactions will always help them out as well. I bought one of their closed beta supporter packs, and when I get my first paycheck from my new job (oh how I hate monthly salary payments), I'm going to get one of the open beta supporter packs as well. By then, I will have spent far more on PoE than buying a full price AAA game, but I consider it to be money very well spent.

If you're looking for people to play with, you can look me up in game as LennyLen.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
(08-01-2013, 03:46 AM)Hocus_ Wrote: I was lead to believe that some of the PoE devs read this forum.

While Blizzard employees frequented the Lurker Lounge consistently back in the Diablo 1/2 days, if PoE developers came here I'd be pretty surprised.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Give us time.... Give us time Smile
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
As others have said, it's doubtful any devs show up here. Seems like just a few people from this site play, and for the ones that do it's random comments of us trying to figure the game out ;)

As for contributing to the game, I'd say just playing and giving constructive feedback. I've been meaning to make a rather lengthy impressions post, with my detailed feedback on the game. I've probably put a few hundred hours into it so far, so I've got a lot to say. I'm just too busy playing it ;)

See you on the forums, let me know if you have any questions.