Diablo III - Reaper of Souls
"Death, at last, shall spread its wings all over"

Is the tease we get for a new Diablo III related website. Hinting that "Reaper of Souls" is the name of the Diablo III expansion pack, it's got many people wondering just what this expansion pack could entail.

So I ask you, Lurkers of the Lounge, what is on your wish list for the next chapter in the Diablo series? I'm hoping zones will be more randomized, a self-found / no trading mode, another class, and more skills across the board.

While I think Diablo 3 did not become the end-all to be-all, quintessential Action RPG, I found it enjoyable for many hundreds of hours, and I eagerly look forward to what they're introducing with its first expansion.
The quintessential Action RPG needs to be foremost a very good platform for ROLE PLAYING. Blizzard misses it by driving everyone to the same uber equipment, and same uber build. Then ticks you off every so often by "rebalancing" the game and making your uber build crap, meaning you need to start all over again.

So, they need to rethink RPG. They need to rethink player motivation. The rat feeder bar thing only works for so long until the players figure out they are trapped in the endless maze.

I would like something they cannot do, rethink the game, with experience garnering skill or maybe even figuring out how they can put *real* skill into the combat system rather than a complex equation with dodge factors, and block factors. I'm not big on twitch type actioners with scripted leap puzzles, et al. But, perhaps we could handle just a tad more than left click to hit. How about revisiting letting players choose their own attribute distributions. If playing required more skill, then less would depend on build or equipment. A stupid build would still fail. Besides, it's embarrassing when a 20 year gaming veteran with wit, guile, and mad skillz get pwned by the gods of randomness.

Equipment needs to mean less and not be so class specific. Less stuff can drop then, and a treasure is really a treasure.

Mostly I'd like a reason for my character to care about risking their life on a daily basis fighting the minions of hell. Yet another Skull Crusher of Demise will not suffice.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

(08-15-2013, 12:16 AM)MonTy Wrote: "Death, at last, shall spread its wings all over"

So I ask you, Lurkers of the Lounge, what is on your wish list for the next chapter in the Diablo series? I'm hoping zones will be more randomized, a self-found / no trading mode, another class, and more skills across the board.

I think a supported self-found mode would be good. More stash size is a huge want for me, as well as more character slots. The limited amount is a particular hardship in HC mode, where you're never throwing away good low-level stuff just in case you "Deeds" your character. Along with self-found, or maybe only in self-found, add a way (Mystic) to improve your current gear (remove X mod for Y jewels/tomes/gold and re-roll it). If not in self-found mode, this item should then become Account Bound.

Install a "farming mode" that becomes available once you defeat Diablo on Inferno. No cinematics or dialogue; all acts and waypoints available.

Increase the drop rate significantly for <ilvl 60 legendaries and/or implement the NV system <character 60.

New areas. New uber-type battles with specific rewards.

I'm sure I could come up with other wants. In the meantime, I'm still playing-mostly HC now.
Battletag: Aahzmadius#1570

B.net profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aahzm...570/career
(08-15-2013, 01:19 AM)kandrathe Wrote: How about revisiting letting players choose their own attribute distributions.

I'm a big fan of that suggestion. I feel like placing stats on items have made them too class restricted. Although I'm afraid there won't be any sweeping item changes, due to the RMAH.

(08-15-2013, 01:37 PM)Aahzmadius Wrote: Install a "farming mode" that becomes available once you defeat Diablo on Inferno. No cinematics or dialogue; all acts and waypoints available.

That farming mode suggestion is brilliant. It's one of my biggest gripes with the game. The story wasn't great in the first place, but to be forced through it a thousand times is torture.

I'm tempted to start playing Hardcore again, but will probably go with a casual build and as little AH use as possible. If anyone has similar goals I'd be interested in making a new character and leveling with ya.

BTW Aahz, I greatly enjoy your podcasts on IncGamers. Even though I don't play much any longer it's something I always tune into.
(08-15-2013, 04:34 PM)MonTy Wrote: I'm tempted to start playing Hardcore again, but will probably go with a casual build and as little AH use as possible. If anyone has similar goals I'd be interested in making a new character and leveling with ya.

BTW Aahz, I greatly enjoy your podcasts on IncGamers. Even though I don't play much any longer it's something I always tune into.

There's a big self-found HC push going on right now with IncGamers folks. I'm relatively new to HC, so I'm going the easy way and using the GAH. But you should find plenty of willing partners here:

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showt...orns-unite!

I could probably be talked into joining in if there's a regular group. I'll just have to bite the bullet and get rid of some low-level items. (All of my char slots are full and the HC ones have tons of crap on them.)

Thanks for the kind words regarding the podcast. I have a TON of fun doing them.
Battletag: Aahzmadius#1570

B.net profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aahzm...570/career
Reaper of Souls Official Cinematic Opening

Reaper of Souls Official Gamplay Teaser

Blizzard Keynote / Announcement P1

Blizzard Keynote / Annoucement P2 "Loot 2.0"

Single most important thing said from the whole schbang: "We want to make sure that our legendaries are as build changing as we can make them."

HO LEE PHUCK ING SHEET, they're actually going to make Diablo 3 a Diablo game.
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
The trailers are nice - they actually look like how a Diablo game SHOULD look: dark, foreboding, and gothic.

Really, really hope this new loot system is going to be good, because that has been and still is a core issue. Not sure what to make of no paragon leveling cap.....gonna be funny to see people running around with paragon 10,000's years from now if the game is still going lol.

All in all its looking good, but ofc we know the story with vanilla D3 so I will reserve my excitement for now and wait till the expac is actually out and play it. I remember being so excited for D3 only to be utterly disappointed (even if the game has become a lot better, there is still so many issues that need fixing), so lesson learned.

***Warning, SPOILERS AHEAD***

Does anyone else think think the Crusader class is simply the Paladin renamed? Also, in terms of visual he reminds me alot of the warrior in plate mail from D1.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
(08-21-2013, 08:48 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote: ***Warning, SPOILERS AHEAD***

Does anyone else think think the Crusader class is simply the Paladin renamed? Also, in terms of visual he reminds me alot of the warrior in plate mail from D1.

***WARNING SPOILERS AHEAD***

Didn't watch the videos, eh? Tongue

It's flat out stated that the Crusaders were the SEAL Team Six of the Paladin military, they headed east when the rest went on their crusade West.
I only watched the trailers so far, which video is that in lol?

NVM saw it now Smile
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
(08-21-2013, 08:54 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote: I only watched the trailers so far, which video is that in lol?

38s into http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsgUzcAAuUQ
After fully absorbing all the information, I have to say... if they deliver, they'll have made the game self-supportive. You'll be able to play, and put in time for certain, but eventually be able to kit yourself out without resorting to the AH. Seems to have deep implications for this self-found idea. Also, yay, loot runs. Cool