Free PC Games (now the Cookie Clicker Thread)
(10-14-2013, 06:59 AM)eppie Wrote:
(10-12-2013, 08:57 PM)Frag Wrote: I liked Cookie Clicker well enough. My right pointer finger, however, did not.

Before I click on some bad webpage....do you have a link for this game for me?

Cookie Clicker

and

Cookie Clicker Wiki
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(10-14-2013, 07:39 AM)LochnarITB Wrote:
(10-14-2013, 06:59 AM)eppie Wrote:
(10-12-2013, 08:57 PM)Frag Wrote: I liked Cookie Clicker well enough. My right pointer finger, however, did not.

Before I click on some bad webpage....do you have a link for this game for me?

Cookie Clicker

and

Cookie Clicker Wiki

Thanks.....what the hell is this??? Well I should have known from the name.
And why can't I stop clicking?
(10-14-2013, 08:33 AM)eppie Wrote: Thanks.....what the hell is this???

Brilliant, that's what it is. Who can resist MORE COOKIES?!

(10-14-2013, 08:33 AM)eppie Wrote: And why can't I stop clicking?

If you figure out a way to do so, please tell me...(had to flip back to check for a golden cookie)...so that I can kick this horrible...(ahhh, got you golden cookie)...addiction. I think today I will probably even get myself to reset so I can get Heavenly Chips so I can get even more achievements and MORE COOKIES!...(Yes! 80 trillion golden click!) Big Grin Cool
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
I just deleted it. I got so frustrated. I reset for a second time with 14-zillion cookies made that game and now have/had a +321% cPs at start. Needless to say, I was getting back to where I was at an exceptionally fast rate in my quest to get all awards, upgrades, and hit the "Infinity Cookies" mark, however somewhere along the line I just stopped caring when I realized getting the reactor to 100 and cursor to 240 was neigh impossible - even with resets - without leaving your browser running for days on end. I look forward to their dungeon version when it is complete, but I'm giving cookie clicker the heave ho!
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
(10-14-2013, 05:29 PM)Taem Wrote: I just deleted it. I got so frustrated. I reset for a second time with 14-zillion cookies made that game and now have/had a +321% cPs at start. Needless to say, I was getting back to where I was at an exceptionally fast rate in my quest to get all awards, upgrades, and hit the "Infinity Cookies" mark, however somewhere along the line I just stopped caring when I realized getting the reactor to 100 and cursor to 240 was neigh impossible - even with resets - without leaving your browser running for days on end. I look forward to their dungeon version when it is complete, but I'm giving cookie clicker the heave ho!

As one cookie mogul to another, I ask you to please re-consider. Especially if you're thinking of importing your saved game when the dungeon version is ready. Heavenly chips might very well be nerfed to 1% each, from the current 2%.

As well the cost of Elder Covenant could be bumped up significantly, along with the cost of Antimatter Condenser units. I myself bought the Elder Covenant just to get the achievement, then revoked it.* Doing that in the upcoming future patch might be much more expensive cookie wise.

*(Red cookies penalties be damned, I want the 777 golden cookies click achievement.)

Shortbread and sweet raisin cookies version:

If you want to reach the 100 Antimatter Condenser count, the current stable version is probably the best version to do it in. At this time of writing, I'm only 3 units away from 100 AM-Condenser units. I might go for the triple 7 golden cookies afterwwards. But I swear to the Elder Matriarch, after that I will just export save and take a break.

For real.

This time.

I mean it.
Just reached the century mark, 100 AM-condenser units.
'Centennial' Achievement unlocked.
Amount of heavenly chips= 3. Boosted to 6% with new upgrades released.

Soft reset to get more heavenly chips is imminent, just not sure when to pull the trigger.

[Image: celebrating_100_year_birthday.jpg]

Playing the latest stable version, there's some new upgrades.

Just going purely by feel, Golden cookies formula and frequency \ voodoo magic seems to be changed. Previously I counted red cookies penalty under the Grammacolypse as a cost of doing business in the late game. I'll occasionally buy the Elder Pledge if I'm more intent on watching the screen vs just leaving the game to run on the background.

Currently I seem to be getting more golden cookies if I buy Elder Pledge.

When I was reaching close to the 100th AM-condenser price, I bought an Elder Pledge, and roughly guestimating I may have shaved off at least 2-3 hours due to getting Elder Frenzy, Click Frenzy, and various Lucky+ bonus.

Short ver: Elder Covenant might be worth the 5% penalty to CpS if the frequency of golden cookies is pretty good. I'm still using Elder Pledge instead at the moment though.

Great Matriarch this game is evil. I need to take a break, I'm starting to see visions of Cookies in websites other than Cookie Clicker.
Got my 100th condenser yesterday. Just bought my 232nd cursor. Haven't done a reset yet and am going to wait until I have 240 cursors, if at all. I'm keeping 3.5 quad in the bank to get my current max on a Lucky Frenzy Golden Cookie. Have baked 55 quad total. After I do the reset, I might try for noclick, hardcore and speed baking achievements but then will probably try to go cold turkey to kick the habit. Tongue
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(10-17-2013, 07:43 AM)LochnarITB Wrote: Got my 100th condenser yesterday. Just bought my 232nd cursor. Haven't done a reset yet and am going to wait until I have 240 cursors, if at all. I'm keeping 3.5 quad in the bank to get my current max on a Lucky Frenzy Golden Cookie. Have baked 55 quad total. After I do the reset, I might try for noclick, hardcore and speed baking achievements but then will probably try to go cold turkey to kick the habit. Tongue

Grats on the Condenser Centennial. I tried for the 240 cursor, but I got up to 206 and decided to reset instead. I needed the Heavenly Chips cash out. At least I now got 322 chips, the Leprechaun and Nihilism achievement.

I think after I reach the centennial on this cycle, and maybe the 240 curson, I'm going to export save and take a break. This time, I really, absolutely, positively, mean it.
I am NOT creating a Cookie Clicker forum!
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
(10-18-2013, 12:31 PM)Bolty Wrote: I am NOT creating a Cookie Clicker forum!

It's..it's fine, I'm sure gramma still loves you anyway.

By the way, I'm re-forwarding this forward from gramma. And someone please respond to her or at least tell her to stop with the kitten pics reply all.

Quote:FROM: GAMMY@-----.com

TO: arjoemer@---.tv,Rery@---.com, m4svord@------.ru, Fentallo@------.com,
etrekky@---.com, billhixus@---.com, BRONGSK@---.ru,
Melitwa@-----.com, JPittmund73@-----.com,
R-Kelsweurth297@----.com, Logaz@----.com, f33rite@-----.com,
BesiBajametals@-----.com, FREERXV@----com, JC-Rhilley@----com

SUBJECT: RE: RE: RE: thought you'd get a kick out of this Wink )"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34B_dIWjMZs

Heart Gammy
(10-18-2013, 04:42 AM)Hammerskjold Wrote: I tried for the 240 cursor, but I got up to 206 and decided to reset instead.

I just came to tell you not to reset, but I see it is too late. After a reset, it gets worse. IT GETS WORSE!

I got the 240th cursor and then did the reset, 78 quad for 396 Heavenly Chips. I didn't activate them, though, and started working on True Neverclick and Hardcore. They were easy, just wait for 26 from two Golden Cookies and then start buying buildings. Once I got those, then I activated all my Heavenly Chips to get Wholesome. This is when it really gets worse! Look at those numbers go! Plus, there are two Flavored Cookies, at 500 and 2000 Heavenly Chips that I now have to go for. Sigh. Huh

So, it looks like at least one more reset, at 1.9 quintillion baked this game. Confused Then I'll have to work through again to get the last two Flavor Cookies. I suppose I should try for the Speed Baking achievements too. Then I will have gotten all upgrades, except for the debug ones, and the only missing achievements will be six Shadow Achievements - Black Cat's Paw, Cheated Cookies Taste Awful and the four dungeon ones. I hope I don't end up getting Black Cat and I won't do the others so then I should be able to walk away. Honest. I promise. Angel Blush

(10-18-2013, 12:31 PM)Bolty Wrote: I am NOT creating a Cookie Clicker forum!

Meany! Angry

Tongue Big Grin
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
I ended up getting an auto-clicker and leaving it on all night to get enough cookie fo reach 100-condensers when i saw a cookie to the righg, went to click it forgetting the autoclicker was on, and sold all but 20 of my 200 grandmas........ the entire night with the computer on collecting cookie wiped out with one brilliantly stupid move. Sigh...
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
(10-19-2013, 05:00 PM)Taem Wrote: I ended up getting an auto-clicker and leaving it on all night to get enough cookie fo reach 100-condensers when i saw a cookie to the righg, went to click it forgetting the autoclicker was on, and sold all but 20 of my 200 grandmas........ the entire night with the computer on collecting cookie wiped out with one brilliantly stupid move. Sigh...

Ouch. At least you got some of your cookies back, but still lots of effort lost.

I seem to be having an issue with cookie chains. The first few act normal, a couple seconds to move and click before one is missed. Then one will barely flash on the screen. I can be looking right at it, and see it fading in, but by the time I can even begin to move the mouse, it is gone for a miss and broken chain.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LochnarITB:

Quote:Plus, there are two Flavored Cookies, at 500 and 2000 Heavenly Chips that I now have to go for.

I've mostly avoided the wikia since I'm still in the 'I want to explore this myself' stage, but I did take a peek at a couple of pages. Once for an achievement I was trying to get but couldn't figure out. And when I read the solution I was, '...ahahaha that's clever........oh gods why did I look up the answer?!.....but that's really clever, nicely played creator, nicely played.'

And I broke down to look up how many Heavenly Chips I need to unlock all the cookie types at this current time. 2000?!!11 Seriously?!111

'Just when I thought I was out....they pull me back in.'

Quote:I seem to be having an issue with cookie chains. The first few act normal, a couple seconds to move and click before one is missed. Then one will barely flash on the screen. I can be looking right at it, and see it fading in, but by the time I can even begin to move the mouse, it is gone for a miss and broken chain.

Same here. Previously I say bring on the Grammapocalypse, because I was chaining cookie combos up to 12-14 hits. Penalties schmenalties, even the penalty red cookies still counted towards my Leprechaun chase.

At least subjectively by my own unscientific playing, there seems to be something different with the current cookie chain. I dunno if Orteil deliberately put in a random cookie chain combo breaker or what.

Also, I think I'm an Elder Pledge rental type of guy. I tried Elder Covenant, but in the end I decided the 5% penalty does eat into my CPS too much for me. If I'm more intent on watching the screen, Elder Pledge + Sacrificial Rolling Pin = 1 hour worth of Pledge. Good enough for my own playing habit at least.

Taem:

Quote: and sold all but 20 of my 200 grandmas

That's terrible and you should feel terrible.

[Image: angry-old-woman.jpg]
(10-19-2013, 11:59 PM)Hammerskjold Wrote: I've mostly avoided the wikia since I'm still in the 'I want to explore this myself' stage, but I did take a peek at a couple of pages. Once for an achievement I was trying to get but couldn't figure out. And when I read the solution I was, '...ahahaha that's clever........oh gods why did I look up the answer?!.....but that's really clever, nicely played creator, nicely played.'

I wasn't checking the wiki for quite a while, until I looked to the forums for an answer. I saw talk about stuff that hadn't even crossed my mind and I had to see what other goodies I was missing. I assume I know which achievement you are talking about. It made me laugh but I did take issue with it. I need Oreos for that function, not chocolate chip. Big Grin

Quote:Also, I think I'm an Elder Pledge rental type of guy. I tried Elder Covenant, but in the end I decided the 5% penalty does eat into my CPS too much for me. If I'm more intent on watching the screen, Elder Pledge + Sacrificial Rolling Pin = 1 hour worth of Pledge. Good enough for my own playing habit at least.

Yeah, at end game baking rates and with the pledge cost capped, it simply makes cookie-nomic sense. Not having the 5% loss, especially when idling, is huge. You don't lose anything not buying the pledge when you are away either.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Wow, 2 quintillion is a loonnngg way. I'm at 372 quadrillion. I'm buying cursors, grandmas, time machines and condensers (at 1:3:10:100 price ratios) while keeping enough in the bank to get max lucky frenzy payout. I'm glad I have my DVR to catch up on while doing all this babysitting. Cool
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(10-22-2013, 06:09 PM)LochnarITB Wrote: Wow, 2 quintillion is a loonnngg way. I'm at 372 quadrillion. I'm buying cursors, grandmas, time machines and condensers (at 1:3:10:100 price ratios) while keeping enough in the bank to get max lucky frenzy payout. I'm glad I have my DVR to catch up on while doing all this babysitting. Cool

3rd Legacy cycle here, Cursor is at 230, Condenser at 99. (Edited edition: Got the 100th Condenser and Reverse Cyclotron upgrade. No need for dinner when sandwich and gatorade is just as good. Can't disrupt the Golden Cookie Hunt. No I don't have a problem...now it's Cursor 240 or bust. People are starting to say I look like this guy.

[Image: 4711-warner-295x300.jpg]

I think they are complimenting me. That or they're envious. Jealous...of my cookies...)

I'm only making serious progress with golden cookie click combos via Elder Pledge. 'Golden Cookie Raiding' time as I likes to calls it. I would've went with 'King Biscuit Flour Hour', but apparently that's been taken already.

I really wished that Elder Covenant had some sort of advantage over Elder Pledge, but so far from what I've found it really doesn't. Other than buying it once to get the achievement, then revoking it to get the 5% back, it doesn't seem to offer anything over Pledge. So yes, I absolutely agree with you here. Pledge just makes more cookienomic sense over all.

Also, Production Frenzy + Clicking Frenzy combo chain = Let the Spice Flow!11111

Cookie Chain combos were IMO, never really about the cookie amount payoff. Frenzy and or Clicking bonus usually surpasses it, but Cookie Chain was fun and it was a faster way to increase the overall golden cookie click tally.

Right now, Cookie Chain is not as fun to me since some 'twitch factor' is creeping up as the chain count increases. Maybe it was Orteil's way of 'balancing' some players method of easier Golden Cookie spotting, but I'm personally not a fan of it.

Hmmm, what was the original topic of this thread again...oh my. Well I did play Robot Unicorn Attack, Robot Unicorn Attack Heavy Metal, and Robot Unicorn Evolution. In between Cookie Clicker sessions.
(10-22-2013, 08:00 PM)Hammerskjold Wrote: 3rd Legacy cycle here,

I've been wondering if I should reset again. I don't know if I would even be able to do the math to decide if it is worthwhile. With 1600 quadrillion to go, my gut says it would be faster to grab more Heavenly Chips, and start again, than to keep rolling and babysitting with the current level. Hmm, decisions, decisions in the high stakes game of mega cooking baking! Tongue
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(10-22-2013, 08:00 PM)Hammerskjold Wrote: I'm only making serious progress with golden cookie click combos via Elder Pledge. 'Golden Cookie Raiding' time as I likes to calls it. I would've went with 'King Biscuit Flour Hour', but apparently that's been taken already.

Honestly, the best progress I made was without the Elder Pledge, when grandma's had turned into those worm-like things because of a few things:

1) I always get at least 2x red cookies between each golden cookie which means a lot more chances for bonus effects.

2) The odds of getting x666 for 12 seconds is a whopping 5.9%, AND you still have a 2.3% chance of getting the normal x777 frenzy meaning you have an 8.2% chance of getting a frenzy whereas standard golden cookies have a mere 3.3% chance.

3) In addition to the above, while there is a 57.2% chance of accruing a negative effect, said negative effect is minuscule compared to what the frenzy bonus provides! Not to mention, Cookie Production Halfed is no big deal, and the other drawback, Ruin, barely scratches the surface of my cookie collection compared to it's percentage of appearing versus the benefits of an increased frenzy chance!

4) You have to be constantly aware of your screen, but if you're willing to do this, you will get many frenzies and I'd say within an hour have plenty of cookies for whatever you're aiming for! If you're not willing to pay attention to the screen, then note the following:

Quote:Using The Elder Pledge has no direct cookie payout.

Source: Elder Pledge, Red Cookie

Regardless, I quite this game (again) a few days ago when I sold my grandmas and lost a full day's worth of clicking and came to the realization that the achievements I still needed would require way more time investment than I was wiling to give it with the current setup. Simply put, there is no incentive to play anymore until substantial upgrades to the system come out because I've completely lost interest in just leaving my computer on and checking back in a few hours to see how many cookies I've collected. It was fun at first, but it needs something more now... perhaps more stages past anti-mater, or bunch of new achievements and time-based ones, perhaps sell-based, like after you sell 200-grandmas you get an achievement, etc. etc. There has to be more to do. All I need for upgrades is 100-anti-matter condensers, and reverse cycletrons, sextillion fingers, and the debug upgrades (because I didn't use the cheater). All I need for achievements is Leprechaun, Black Cat's Paw, I guess I need to re-get How? because I was so frustrated I had sold my grandma's I just left that exported save file and work and never transferred it back home and my home save does not have that many cookies backed, Centennial, True Neverclick, Hardcore, and Cheated Cookies Taste Aweful. But like I said, there is no more incentive to play.
(10-23-2013, 01:22 AM)Taem Wrote: Honestly, the best progress I made was without the Elder Pledge, when grandma's had turned into those worm-like things because of a few things:

1) I always get at least 2x red cookies between each golden cookie which means a lot more chances for bonus effects.

Hmm, I have to ask since I'm curious. You say between golden cookies, so are you deliberately holding off from a full grandmapocalypse status?

Ie: Full apoc\Angered=100% chance of red cookies. Awoken-Displeased= less than 100% chance.

I'm curious because on my next reset, I'm thinking of trying the Gold and Red cookies strategy.

Quote:2) The odds of getting x666 for 12 seconds is a whopping 5.9%, AND you still have a 2.3% chance of getting the normal x777 frenzy meaning you have an 8.2% chance of getting a frenzy whereas standard golden cookies have a mere 3.3% chance.

Either your luck with the RNG is way better than mine (very possible), and or this is an interesting difference of playstyle.

On my previous cycle I was really into the Red\Blood cookies, higher risk for higher rewards type. On this current cycle, I'm going with the steadier, reliable Golden cookies combo + making bank to maximize Lucky+ cookies. (edited +: Pretty much what Lochnar described previously. Except I don't have a PVR. )

Just off my completely unscientific, purely personal feel of it. Especially after the Cookie Chain combo tweak(feels like a nerf to me). Golden Cookies, with Get Lucky upgrade offers a more reliable playstyle vs Red Cookies alone.

On paper Red cookies can offer the rare higher rewards. When I actually play\watch the screen, Gold Cookies with Pledge offered more reliability and bigger gains the longer the session goes.

Quote:
Ruin, barely scratches the surface of my cookie collection compared to it's percentage of appearing versus the benefits of an increased frenzy chance!

'Ruin' IMO can affect your production depending on what your aim is. If you're just doing a semi idle production, it might not be a big deal. If you're trying to make bank to raise your Lucky+ payout, Ruin can make a more noticeable damage.

Quote:4) You have to be constantly aware of your screen, but if you're willing to do this, you will get many frenzies and I'd say within an hour have plenty of cookies for whatever you're aiming for! If you're not willing to pay attention to the screen, then note the following:

Quote:Using The Elder Pledge has no direct cookie payout.

Hmm, that might need some clarification. Most people don't buy a Pledge then just leave the screen. Tongue

At the risk of oversimplification, I will say that at the moment I'm happy enough with Pledge, which gives me enough steady chances at gaining Frenzy, Click, Frenzy+Click, and making bank to increase Lucky+. The last 'Pledge' drive I did netted me approx 16,000,000,000,000,000 cookies. CPS of 135,000,000,000, nothing banked at start, other than just enough to buy a Pledge.

How happy am I? Happy enough that I can, if I want to, shut off the computer when I go to sleep instead of leaving it to idle, because I know with a 1-hour Pledge drive I can probably make up one lost night of idling.

I didn't yet, because I also use my comp as a jukebox to lull me to sleep sometimes...but theoretically I -could- step away from my cookie empire. I could. Really.

Quote:Regardless, I quite this game (again) a few days ago

So....see you next week then? Big Grin