Stay Awhile and Listen
Stay Awhile and Listen is a new ebook published by DM Press on the Kindle and iBooks platforms, and will soon be available for the Nook as well. Because I still have a massive grudge against Slashdot for crashing the Lounge twice back in the day via bandwidth annihilation, I'll return the favor by linking to their review of the book. I'm sure our traffic will bring their servers down in flames.

Two companies. Two opposing cultures. One multi-billion-dollar video-game empire.

Stay Awhile and Listen: How Two Blizzards Unleashed Diablo and Forged a Video-Game Empire - Book 1 invites readers to discover the origin of Blizzard North, a studio built by gamers, for gamers, and Blizzard Entertainment, a convergence of designers driven to rule their industry.

Was anyone aware this book was coming out? Anyone read it? I'm wondering how much info might be in there that we hadn't heard of to this point. Longtime Loungers will all know of the days of Condor and the major players at Blizzard North, but this book claims to get pretty deep into the internal workings at Blizzard and the power play between the disparate elements of the company.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Did anyone win yet, or is it about an ongoing MEDWG? *

(Multi Ego Dick Waving Game)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1p...en_book_i/