Path of Exile - Patch 1.0.3(b) An update
Shoju here, I'll cover this patch while MonTy takes a breather. Patch 1.03 brings us several new things.

Barrage
A new Dex / Int based gem that fires a lot of projectiles in a very short amount of time, and is available for All but the Templar and Marauder after killing Brutus in normal.

Projectile Physicial Damage
A New Support, which will help out those playing Physical Bow, and Physical Spectral Throw Builds. You can find this gem in the Siren's Cadence in Cruel Difficulty. (If anyone happens across one, I know someone who'd be interested in not having to go back to cruel RIGHT NOW to get one Smile )

Two New Microtransactions
You can have your own burning "fire fox" in the form of the Infernal Fox Pet, or Cover your dome in the all new Infernal Skull Helmet Skin

Two New Achievements
Full Clear Dread Thicket- obvious name is obvious
Beginner's Luck - I have not checked yet to see what this is.

As an aside
How many Lurkers care about the achievements? Personally, I'm a "sort of" achievement player. I will go after the ones that interest me, but the ones that don't, I don't even feel the slightest bit compelled to do.

Three new Recipes
I haven't found any information on what they are.

New Uniques
Oro's Sacrifice is a pretty hot new sword, with interesting drawbacks.
Daresso's Defiance Is an Armour/Evasion Chest, that gives you Onslaught in exchange for Endurance Charges.
Briskwrap is a new leveling unique Evasion Chest
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Marylene%27s_Fallacy - Marylene's Fallacy Probably the most hotly debated unique I've seen in a while. (pardon the exposed link, when embedded, it breaks)

Other Changes
The Blacksmith's (Dunes and Spider Forest Maps) Leap Slam has been given a cooldown and a new triggered effect has been added to it.
Shock and Horror, the boss of the Torture Chamber, has had her Arc skill replaced with a new skill.
The drop down stash tab list now shows the colours of the tabs.
All slashing impact sounds have been replaced.
Added a new category of sounds for bow impacts.
Video adapters with the same display name are now distinguishable in the options panel by an added adapter number.
Added a new buff icon for the Proximity Shield effect.
Pressing "tab" on the login screen now changes between Email, Password and Gateway, for non-Steam users.
Effects and/or 3D art have been added for the following items: Demigod's Touch, Lioneye's Glare, Geofri's Baptism, Taryn's Shiver, Rise of the Phoenix, Matua Tupuna, Atziri's Mirror and the alternate art Stormcloud.
Kuduku has been restored to its correct art.
Talking to Dialla on top of the Sceptre of God now gives the waypoint to the next difficulty.
Continued to incrementally improve the sound, art, effects and environments.

Balance
Viper Strike: Damage progression has been increased. It is now around 15% better at level 15 than it was in 1.0.2.
Poison Arrow: Damage progression has been increased. It is now around 15% better at level 15 than it was in 1.0.2.
New groups of passives have been added for Chaos Damage and Damage over Time.
The move speed and attack speed groups to the right side of the Scion have been merged. The weaker Movement speed nodes were removed, with the 3% movespeed nodes increased to 4%.
Added two new map mods: "of Power" and "of Endurance". These give Endurance and Power charges respectively every 20 seconds.
The map mod Enraged has been changed to a suffix - "of Frenzy"
The "of Frenzy" map mod now triggers every 20 seconds instead of every 30.
The five of a kind recipe has been moved up to just below the same names recipe in priority.
Righteous Fire Totems will damage enemies based on their own life and ES, not their caster's life and ES.
Spiders have been made invulnerable when climbing into areas from scenery.

All in all the patch feels pretty good right now, though I'll admit, I haven't had enough time to test everything out.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
Marylene's Fallacy link is bad, use http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Marylene%27s_Fallacy instead.
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Thanks for taking over on the updates. Nice post and interesting patch. Really love the Uniques that GGG churns out.
(12-12-2013, 07:59 PM)Frag Wrote: Marylene's Fallacy link is bad, use http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Marylene%27s_Fallacy instead.

Your link, when pasted in does the same thing Sad
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright