2.0.1 PTR Is Live
[Image: FiBT0ta.jpg?1]
(02-27-2014, 05:15 AM)Chesspiece_face Wrote: [Image: FiBT0ta.jpg?1]

Even has the 'right' proc...

Also, note the 'tradeable to <accounts> for <time> in the lower right.
--Mav
Pah, look at you all with your WoW trash. This is the sign of a true Diablo veteran.

[Image: MxT2nkE.jpg]

It shouldn't be unique-equipped, but at least they acknowledged the many hours spent searching for it and how rings should be indestructable.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
With respect to difficulty changes:

I deleted and destroyed all of my items to start fresh (though I couldn't figure out an easy way to remove gold). I haven't played much for quite a few months.

As far as the game experience goes, leveling seems much faster. Last night, a friend and I ran hardcore/Hard (I'm a HC newbie (not to mention careless) and we weren't sure what the game changes would bring, neither of us having kept in touch with anything).

In the past, even at MP10, by the time I would reach the skeleton king I would be about level 12 I think. This time through we were both level 16, even though my friend wasn't into full clears (which is how I had generally done things in the past). All of this is with no Paragon levels since I hadn't done anything of note in HC before.

The game, even at the beginning with self found only, just feels better and smoother. It's nice to have drops that are exciting even at low level.

I'm enthused again, and even just the little amount I've played so far has me probably convinced to buy RoS.

What has happened, as I get all five to 60 (Barb is my last one he's a few levels on the way) and then start to tweak difficulty, is that I am trying out a great many new skill and rune combos because things have changed. I am also slowly replacing all gear, and I think all of my chars are now on "Expert" and the monk is on Master. She is using a two handed weapon now, Legendary Axe, which just looks cool. I am sure I can better optimize her with some better hand weapons if all of the affixes align. My preferred look on her is with a cutlass/scimitar looking weapon, and a shield, dagger, or hand slicer monk thing, but that has to do with story line stuff for the next chapter of the adventures of Occhi and her nephew Mikal.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
(02-27-2014, 11:44 AM)NiteFox Wrote: Pah, look at you all with your WoW trash. This is the sign of a true Diablo veteran.

[Image: MxT2nkE.jpg]

It shouldn't be unique-equipped, but at least they acknowledged the many hours spent searching for it and how rings should be indestructable.

The funny thing is, I have found many Obsidian Zods on D1 (including 1 ring with perfect stats), but not a single one on D3, hehe. Go figure.

Anyways, I'm really liking this new patch a lot. It already feels like a different game and I'm still trying to sort out all the changes. I played my Wiz last night and found an upgrade in the first game to replace my crit Mempo - a Tal Rasha's with 6 crit, socket, 500+ intelligence (!!), and a really nice Vit stat. It was an awesome feeling finding such a nice piece of gear w/o having to go to the AH, it was extremely rare if ever to find an upgrade in D3 prior to this patch. It's pretty obvious the items are much better now, even the stuff I found that wasn't an upgrade had substantially higher stats than the old loot that used to drop.

A lot of people are disappointed that Critical Mass is gone, but I'm kind of glad to be honest because it was limiting people to playing only 2 builds (CM and Archon) and it was getting old just rushing Inferno MP 10 constantly, with mostly fruitless runs. Now, I have to kite again, yet I've been running a interesting hydra/blizzard build that allows me to take quite a bit of punishment even though I can't perma freeze monsters anymore. Being able to reset stats points at any time is a great feature also. But perhaps my favorite change so far is that you can dye legendary items now - finally got rid of those silly colors!

I have to say so far I am impressed. Yesterday was first day I played D3 in months and it was the most fun I've had on it in a long time, possibly ever. Looking forward to RoS^^
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
Funny, I am using electric hydra and Frozen Orb in combo, though I do miss Archon for clearing out nuisance crowds.

Gee, here we are, back at some classic D2 builds: FO sorcie and WW Barbs.

Progress! Idea
In Memory of Pete
That new wizard passive "Dominance" is too good. I can almost guarantee this will get a nerf, heh.

I've found that wiz can still effectively tank using this passive in conjunction with Magic Weapon (Deflection rune). Frozen orb is indeed pretty ridiculous, especially with blizzard for aoe and Magic Missile (Glacial Spike rune) and coldblooded as your second passive. Torment level 3 gets torn to shreds. Level 4 gets hairy at times but is still very manageable. It seems if your gear is good enough though, most skills are quite viable unlike before. I suppose once u start playing at level 4 and above though some particular skills and runes probably start to have a clear advantage.

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
This has got me playing D3 again, after quite a while. I'm going to have a hard time going back to Path of Exile, if I even do. It feels like a whole new game. Crafting, skills, everything just seems to hit the mark now. If they had this from day 1, I think PoE would have had a much harder time getting to where it is.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(03-04-2014, 05:43 AM)FireIceTalon Wrote: That new wizard passive "Dominance" is too good. I can almost guarantee this will get a nerf, heh.

I've found that wiz can still effectively tank using this passive in conjunction with Magic Weapon (Deflection rune). Frozen orb is indeed pretty ridiculous, especially with blizzard for aoe and Magic Missile (Glacial Spike rune) and coldblooded as your second passive. Torment level 3 gets torn to shreds. Level 4 gets hairy at times but is still very manageable. It seems if your gear is good enough though, most skills are quite viable unlike before. I suppose once u start playing at level 4 and above though some particular skills and runes probably start to have a clear advantage.
Thanks for the tips, will take a peak when my update loads up. Smile
In Memory of Pete
[Image: 9e98.jpg]

[Image: ixia.jpg]

Found an Obsidian Zod today! Pretty similar stats to Nite's, but lower Vit and life%, though mine has a socket. Now they need to put Dragon's Ring of the Zodiac in the game, since that was every bit as coveted as Obsidian Zod was, if not even more so Smile

At this rate, I'm going to be outfitted in all-legendary by the time the expansion hits.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Brims...o/41207188
Welcome to the Lounge. Hope you brought your portable bomb shelter. - Roland
(03-14-2014, 04:17 AM)Brimstone Wrote: At this rate, I'm going to be outfitted in all-legendary by the time the expansion hits.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Brims...o/41207188

So much fun!! Loving the D3.2.0. Heart
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Woot! Found a Leoric's Signet this evening with 240 Int, 320 Vit, +31% CD, and +6% CC!! Huge upgrade. Also found a pretty nice Bul Kalthos Wedding Band, shows all green over my current Unity though I am a bit reluctant to drop the latter since it has +12% dmg against elites. I'm finding lots of nice legendary rings, but what I really want are those new Ice Climbers - they have complete immunity to frozen and jailer!