Path of Exile - Patch 1.0.5(b) and news of 1.0.6
Version 1.0.5b

Added support for the Fracturing mod in races.
And a thousand voices were suddenly silenced. This mod can be brutal. I'm unsure of what to think.

The Cast On Death Support Gem no longer supports minion skills.
This change, while I understand it's intent in fixing what has been dubbed an exploit, really leaves Cast on Death as the single most worthless gem in the game. And with Animate Guardian still floating out there, that is truly saying something.

Trigger Support Gems no longer support Trapped or Remote Mined skills.

I don't quite understand what the intention was here. But then, I don't play traps and mines. Anyone able to elaborate why?

Storm Call and Ethereal Knives have been added to the provisions chest in the Endless Ledge.
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Storm Call just became my go to in Endless Ledge.

Flameblast has been added as a chest reward for Witches in Descent: Champions.

Very Cool change as well. This skill takes some finesse and time to learn, but is a lot of fun.

Fixed an issue where portals were not closed when logging out of a character via the character selection screen.

Worst Bug Fix Ever. I had hoped that this behavior was a precursor to fixing the "OH HEY I JUST CRASHED And now I lost my portal."

Fixed an issue where degeneration damage of other players would not display correctly.

Good.

Fixed an issue where Auras and Tempest Shield could be applied without the reservation succeeding.
That's a problem I'm glad they fixed.

Fixed a bug where the Raise the Bar achievement could be completed incorrectly by using resistance flasks multiple times.
HUh. Never thought to try that. I just tossed on a Kaltenhalt, a cold flask, walked into the slums, and hit the flask.

Now, for the upcoming 1.0.6

Summon Raging Spirit: Summons a short-lived flaming skull that rushes at nearby enemies and attacks them rapidly. Enemies cannot directly engage these spirits and can pass through them.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Very interesting Skill, from the video they had posted, this could be a lot of fun.

Desecrate: Desecrates the ground, summoning corpses and dealing chaos damage to all enemies in the area.
Very interested to see if it only gets the corpses in the area, or if you will be summoning skelly type corpses.

Flesh Offering: Consumes a corpse, temporarily empowering your minions with swiftness (attack, cast and movement speed). The skill consumes other nearby corpses, increasing the duration for each corpse consumed.
This, could be a lot of fun. I could see this being a staple in many summoner builds.

Bone Offering: Consumes a corpse, temporarily granting all of your minions the power to block both attacks and spells. The skill consumes other nearby corpses, increasing the duration for each corpse consumed.

I see this going hand in hand with the flesh offering, one for offense, one for defense. I do have a couple of reservations about the whole "consumes other corpses" thing. That can get hairy at times in some places.

So what say you lounge? Good patch and preview? Or is this content not as enticing to you as previous GGG patches?
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
Storm Call and Flameblast in races might be fun. Storm Call at least. Flameblast might be a little fussy to be messing with on the run. The offerings will be a nice addition too. If they are low enough level to show up in races, the witch I race with will use them for her zombies.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."