I needed a break from my Scion - Say to hello to FACEBREAKING
I've been frustrated lately with the progress, or lack of progress on my Scion. I've had net issues that have caused DC's, and this weekend was marred by rampant Desync, and deaths to a rogue Exile that Flickered, only further compounding the Desync issue.

So, I've started running my Facebreaker a little harder than previously. I'm using a duelist, and I'm not into the early 40's. It's been a pretty enjoyable time so far, and I'm finding that I don't even really need more than Infernal Blow.

For the time being, I'm planning a very conservative build. Lots of life, Lots of resists, Lots of armor.

Mainly, because I have a pair of legacy Facebreakers waiting on the char when I drop down to standard, so I'm trying to make sure that death is not a problem for this character.

Since I'm fairly confident that there will be big changes with 1.1, I'm putting in some time with some keystone passives that I'm confident will be changed.

Iron Reflexes. I'm sure that I've mentioned before that this char is IR, and the ridiculous amount of armor that you end up by going with it (as evidenced in my post: A case for why it's too good).

But at this point, I'm just cruising along, breaking things, and having a good time. I do wish that Shield Charge worked for Facebreakers. I have always sort of enjoyed the skill, it seems a shame that it is a shield based skill that requires a melee weapon. It would be a lot more interesting if you could make a Facebreaker / Shield Charge build, which focused on Shield Charge. From a slightly geeky stance. "I SMASH YOU IN THE FACE WITH MY SHIELD! I DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' WEAPON".

But that's really just a silly wish of mine.

Anyway, with the Domination league winding down, you'll either find me on the facebreaker, or possibly trying to finish up the last challenge I think is "doable" for me: 2 more rares to find.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
An update on facebreaking.

Made it into A1 Merc. This is easily the most DPS I've ever pulled at low level. In my "OH CRAP IT'S MERC!" gear, I'm still sporting 5K DPS, on a multistrike'd Infernal Blow, and 3K DPS on a Melee Splash'd Infernal Blow.

If I go all out, for Max DPS (and go with non capped resists), I can hit 10K DPS on the Multi, and 5k on the Splash.

Things I need:
Life Leech. I don't have it as a support. I have 2% from tree, and I'm looking to find gear with it + Adds X-X Phys Damage. (rings / amulets)

a 5L. I have a chest, that if I were "richer" so to speak, I'd just go for the 5L on, and even toss in 2 quick Exalts for good measure. It's a great base. 80+ HP, double resists, and +240 armor on it. The Prefix Exalt, has a 75 % chance of rolling into something good (which means, I'd roll the 25% into thorns), the suffix exalt has a 50% chance at not sucking (which means I'd roll the 50% suckage) If I were rolling in Exalts, (or even had 2) I'd probably chance it. It's a nice piece.

More HP. I've spent a lot of time fleshing out the passive tree, so this will correct itself now. For the next ~12 points, it should be all Life %. And then Aura stuff, and then finish up with block nodes. We'll see. So far, It's been a nice distraction. I'm forcing myself to do things a little differently on this character, to see the results.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright