followers
What class/follower combos do people like and what advantages do they hold? I've pretty much only used the templar since I wanted tankage, but there must be better reasons to sometimes use the other two.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(04-06-2014, 08:28 PM)LochnarITB Wrote: What class/follower combos do people like and what advantages do they hold? I've pretty much only used the templar since I wanted tankage, but there must be better reasons to sometimes use the other two.

My summoner WD uses the Enchantress, because I don't need tankage with 4 dogs and a golem. Also, I can pass off rings and 2-hand weapons I don't need, and they're likely to roll with good stats for the Enchantress as well.

I like Scoundrel for the Monk for the same reason. Dex.

For the other 4 classes, I keep decent legendary drops from a class that shares their primary stat in the stash when I'm done with them.

Again, these are my preferences, not some magic 'mathematical best' combo. I like tankage for my wizard and demon hunter. I like ranged damage added to the Barb and Crusader. Pretty simple, really. I can see using ranged with ranged, perhaps, on SC, but on HC, that delay in the mobs getting to my wizard or demon hunter is nice.
--Mav
I almost always roll with the Enchantress. Bonus to armor and attack speed is too hard to pass up, although on my particular wiz spec that I use nowadays you kind of want to keep your attack speed low since it is a build that involves lots of channeling. I may try the Templar when I start running T4+ as that life regen might be invaluable. The scoundrel not so much, since I already have plenty of crit chance (around 60%).
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)