IE 11?
I'm thinking of migrating from IE 9 to IE 11 (Windows 7). What I can't find anywhere is information about whether my IE 9 settings will be preserved.

By settings I include things like blocked cookies and restricted sites.

Any advice or should I just stay at IE 9?
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Hi Lav!

My naive suggestion is to upgrade. I don't know how much you rely on your settings, though.

I have a web developer's perspective, though. Web developers almost universally hate Internet Explorers in inverse order (6 is the most hated, then 7, then 8, etc). IE11, although I haven't tried it, is benchmarked as having the fastest JavaScript engine out there. Much better standards support, too. In general it should provide a better browsing experience, more sites should work, rich web apps should be faster, etc. It's too young to be judged yet, but signs are pointing to Good.

I want to say try it out and revert if you don't like it, but IIRC, Microsoft makes reverting pretty difficult or impossible. I personally would take offense to those shackles and switch to FF or Chrome (or Opera or Midori) out of principle. Smile
The error occurred on line -1.
Thanks! I recently got a 4T external drive so at least I can have a proper backup should things head south.

What I'm most concerned with is preserving the lists of sites from which I accept or reject cookies, and the sites that I have blocked. Whether or not these transfer in the upgrade should be documented someplace on the internet but as it is I sure can't find the information.

With regard to FF and chrome, I am rather conservative in my browser choices. On my other computer I run netscape 4.08.
I did the deed.

The good news: all the stuff I was worried about losing was preserved.

The bad news: there is no known way to disable tabbed browsing in IE11 as there was in IE9. Why Microsoft, O why?

I think I'll try to live with this a while before I revert, but I am not pleased.
(05-30-2014, 02:46 AM)LavCat Wrote: The bad news: there is no known way to disable tabbed browsing in IE11 as there was in IE9. Why Microsoft, O why?

This is literally the first time I've seen someone complain about tabbed browsing. Do you still drive a horse and buggy to your local apothecary? Smile
I walk.