Warlords of Draenor Beta
It has begun today, June 27th.

Blizzard stated that they filtered for "veterans" to make beta invite selections this time around, which many on the Lounge still are. I received an invite; just wondering who else might be around, even if I'll only meet you in Ashran.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
(06-27-2014, 12:35 PM)Bolty Wrote: It has begun today, June 27th.

Blizzard stated that they filtered for "veterans" to make beta invite selections this time around, which many on the Lounge still are. I received an invite; just wondering who else might be around, even if I'll only meet you in Ashran.

I wondered if you would...so why aren't you playing it?!
(06-27-2014, 12:35 PM)Bolty Wrote: It has begun today, June 27th.

I got one.
Toybox is awesome. Haven't had much chance to look at anything else yet.
ERAU QSSI DLRO WEHT
(06-29-2014, 02:02 PM)Tal Wrote: I wondered if you would...so why aren't you playing it?!

1) Logged in twice, got d/ced both times within 5 minutes, said "meh," and went back to achievement hunting on live. Smile Still need to get tank proving grounds achieves and I'm set!

2) Beta will last months.

3) With this being the fifth expansion, WoW betas just don't excite me like they used to. I was in the MoP beta as well thanks to the Annual Pass and didn't log into it until beta had been out for around 3 months.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Betas would excite me, if I ever got in them. The only beta I've gotten into in the past 10 years was D3. Oh, and I got into SC2 about 3 days before beta was over, so I don't really count that.
--Mav
I'm not in, and if I were I'm not sure I'd really play it. Given that my average time available for games is practically zero these days, I don't know that I'd justify spending my time spoiling something I can experience when the game is actually released.

That said, WoW is totally stagnant right now due to complete burnout on Siege of Orgrimmar, so I generally log in once a week for our Thursday raid and then call it a week. If we get Garrosh down and the raiding slow down, I might consider just letting the account lapse until the next expansion. And even then, I'm not sure if my limited playtime would really let me justify picking it back up. We shall see... Smile
-TheDragoon
So, is this where I say..... I haven't played since 6/26(ish)/12, and I got a beta invite? I don't even have an 'active' blizzard game on my battle.net account, and I still got the invite.

At first I thought it was spam, so I logged into my b.net, and there it was. staring me in the face. I almost thought about trying it out, but with Deadlands, Doomtown: Reloaded hitting shelves in August, I got the old Crew together, and I'm looking to make people cry from across the table, instead of across the internet.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
(07-07-2014, 10:52 PM)shoju Wrote: So, is this where I say..... I haven't played since 6/26(ish)/12, and I got a beta invite?

I've been playing since forever and have no invite.
So I was added in the latest round of Beta invites. I downloaded the client and am worried about whether I'll be able to play WoD.

I'm hoping that my experience this past weekend was coincidence and not causation. When I was finally able to play this past weekend (the pve server was crashing harder than Stormrage during the AQ40 opening) I developed motion sickness from playing. This is something that used to come up when I played first person games and I believed it was due to the herky-jerky motions of the camera as the player moved. But my fear is with the new graphics update is what caused my symptoms.

Pros - I love all the bank space. Oh my gods is it nice to have space in my bank on Sharanna. I am more than a little disappointed that the promised tabard screen on character profile has not appeared. I also loved that I could do away with a lot of the gear I have in my bags.

Cons - I was unhappy with the look of Sharanna's face and some of the changes to her armor.

Other
Stats squish doesn't seem to be a big deal at the moment as Shar seems to hit as hard in Beta as she does now.

More to come if I can get on and play for longer than 10 minutes before the server crashes.
DK T17 Armor is.... well, there's a boner joke or a million to make about that awful awful set.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright