Anybody know about animated cursors?
Hello fellow Lurkers,

I have been searching of late for a cool animated cursor for my computer. I found several on the internet, however they are all in .gif format and when I click on MOUSE in the CONTROL PANEL in XP and browse for cursors, it only recognizes .cur and .ani. I have tried several free programs to covert .gif to .cur and .ani, however it converts the first image of the animated .gif only, not the layers. I've been searching for a remedy to this problem, however I am getting a headaches trying to read hundreds of pages of useless information not related to my exact issue. If anybody here knows some useful information about cursors I don't, I'd be more than happy to hear what you have to say:D.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Heiho,

this one seems to be a Windows software to your desires
AniTuner

If any software converts just the first frame of an animated gif then either there are some options in a menu to adjust, or the gifs are kind of differential gifs where only the first frame is a complete picture and the other frames just have aberrations from first frame stored (which should not be the case when they're explicitly advertised as mouse cursors; check the Arreat Summit's monster pages' images if my explanation is too wobbly).

so long ...
librarian

Check out some peanuts or the
Diablo II FAQtoids
current status: re-thinking about HoB