Do you relive game sounds or dream games?
I know I imagine them on purpose in my head occasionally, as my own psychic background noise to punctuate various life events. {imagine Pacman getting caught by a ghost} I don't remember ever having "flash backs" or even really dreams involving my gaming experiences.

Over at Nottingham Trent University's International Gaming Research Unit they are researching 'game transfer phenomena' – perceptions, cognitions and behaviours influenced by video game playing.

Wait. You can go to college to study gamers! I was born too early. I just got in on the "you can go to college to program computers" thing, and then figured out how to make games.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

I don't dream actual games, but I have had many dreams in which I am a character in a game like environment. As to game sounds, it is more that I hear a sound and think of the game I remember it from. This is especially true with sound effects in movies and on TV.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
I don't believe I've ever drempt of a video game before. And I also almost never think of video game sounds irl for any reason. The closest I've gotten to that is hearing Flappy Bird when no one was actually playing it... but they had been a few minutes earlier.

My friend once played the original Doom so much, he drempt he was walking around his house moving like in the game with a shotgun in his hands, went up to each of his family members doors and pushed up against them and they automatically opened, saw his relative starting at him then start to berate him, then he shot them and they made a monster death sound and vanished. He woke up after killing his entire family in his dream feeling disturbed.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
(08-08-2014, 06:41 PM)Taem Wrote: I don't believe I've ever dreamt of a video game before. And I also almost never think of video game sounds irl for any reason. The closest I've gotten to that is hearing Flappy Bird when no one was actually playing it... but they had been a few minutes earlier.
I'm more likely to have dreams inspired by stuff I read, rather than what I see. I don't know why -- maybe because in reading I need to imagine the scenes, where in video (and games) there is little left to the imagination. I like to fly in my dreams too. Whenever I crash land, I wake up. 1UP. Fall asleep and fly off again. I guess my dreams are like a coin-op flight simulator.

Quote:My friend once played the original Doom so much, he dreamt he was walking around his house moving like in the game with a shotgun in his hands, went up to each of his family members doors and pushed up against them and they automatically opened, saw his relative starting at him then start to berate him, then he shot them and they made a monster death sound and vanished. He woke up after killing his entire family in his dream feeling disturbed.
8-( I should hope so.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]