WoW: Warlords of Draenor Nov. 13th
Blizzard has announced the next expansion release date for World of Warcraft and showcased their cinematic trailer:

No matter if you're a fan of WoW or not, once again Blizzard's cinematics team proves to be one of the best in the industry.

Any Loungers planning on returning to WoW for the expansion?
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
(08-15-2014, 12:41 AM)Bolty Wrote: Any Loungers planning on returning to WoW for the expansion?

Every once in a while, I get the urge to return to WoW. Then I start thinking about how much work there would be to get set up and comfortable in the game again. I always loved leveling, so that wouldn't be hard, but rebuilding an interface and equipping the toons just feels too ugh. Even so, the Lochnarmy™ still whispers to me when things are really quiet. Dodgy
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
[Image: 6QPIWdC.gif]

JOIN THE HORDE, LOCHNAR.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
I won't say that I will or that I won't, but, the best answer is that I will most likely buy the expansion, level a couple toons to 100, see the content...and leave again. It'll still be worth the price of the expansion, imo, but I think my days of playing WoW long term are over. I dance around and play either non-MMO stuff, or other MMOs that can still give me that 'new' feeling for a while, till they fade as well.

Have fun in WoD, those who stay with it!
--Mav
(08-15-2014, 12:41 AM)Bolty Wrote: Any Loungers planning on returning to WoW for the expansion?

What means this word "returning"?
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
(08-15-2014, 01:34 PM)Bolty Wrote: [Image: 6QPIWdC.gif]

JOIN THE HORDE, LOCHNAR.

Big Grin

Actually, the Lochnarmy™ is already bi-factional (but not flaming flamboyant - just 2 servers 20 toons all capped at one time Confused )
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Blizzard missed a big one with the release date. Wait 9 days and you can make it truly special launching on the 10th anniversary. That being said, no I don't play to return as I'm playing Wildstar which is fun and more difficult and has an aspect that WoW doesn't have, even if you still have capped hit, you can miss because you have to aim your attacks and can dodge others.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
I'm planning on coming back, still wrestling with which server. I'm leaning towards Stormrage at the moment, but wrestling with what class.

Tal, still think ranged dps is what is needed?
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
(08-16-2014, 05:15 PM)Lissa Wrote: Blizzard missed a big one with the release date. Wait 9 days and you can make it truly special launching on the 10th anniversary.

I would guess they want people up and running on the anniversary. That way they can have a big celebration in-game. Leather and whips and chains and other party favors, oh my! Wink
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
They emailed me saying if I re-up my account that I'd get Mist of Pandaria for free. Of course with an add in the email for the new expansion. I think it's been 4 years now since I last played, maybe only 3. I know I was gone before Pandaria was released. They want people back for the anniversary.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
(08-18-2014, 06:43 PM)Kevin Wrote: They emailed me saying if I re-up my account that I'd get Mist of Pandaria for free. Of course with an add in the email for the new expansion. I think it's been 4 years now since I last played, maybe only 3. I know I was gone before Pandaria was released. They want people back for the anniversary.

Yep, got the same email, still no re-upping
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
(08-15-2014, 03:28 AM)LochnarITB Wrote:

Every once in a while, I get the urge to return to WoW. Then I start thinking about how much work there would be to get set up and comfortable in the game again. I always loved leveling, so that wouldn't be hard, but rebuilding an interface and equipping the toons just feels too ugh. Even so, the Lochnarmy™ still whispers to me when things are really quiet. Dodgy

We have [Image: 14966039082_6bac89e9b0_s.jpg]more cats now.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
(08-19-2014, 05:30 AM)Bun-Bun Wrote: We have [Image: 14966039082_6bac89e9b0_s.jpg]more cats now.

Shhhh! Don't let Lochnar know. He didn't have a red rock cat. I'd never hear the end of it. I have to admit that I snooped through your other pics. Pavis on the Frost Saber looks like Lochnar's twin brother from a warlock mother! Even with all the other rides - motorcycle, trike, even becoming a dragon - the Frost Saber was my favorite ride ever and well worth all the effort back when Lochnar got his. On the gnome, it was even bigger than when any other race rode one and was just more evidence of the superiority of the gnome race! A real tug at the heartstrings. *sniff**sniff*

[edit] You guys have to stop! Monthly subscription - setting up the interface - a new computer to run it - I just can't do it... I can't do it... I can't do... I can't... Wink
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
The email worked on me, I re-subbed.
I'm back too. It seems so far with Garrison that PVE will now have more of a purpose. For every toon, a castle. It seems to be adding in an almost WCIII building element. Now what if they added a PVP aspect, where me and my castle could challenge someone else?

EDIT: SO it seems there is such a thing as garrison invasions, which may allow you and a group to defend your garrison from AI invaders.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]