New computer build time? Or hold off?
(02-03-2015, 11:12 PM)Hammerskjold Wrote: Looks good and clean looking.

I've never had a Corsair case before (I always went Antec), but this one feels and looks pretty solid with lots of room. There is only one 120mm fan up front, but there are vents for big ass fans on every side should I choose to use them.

(02-03-2015, 11:12 PM)Hammerskjold Wrote: http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/181849...the-future

That's bananas. Why? It looks pretty I guess.

(02-03-2015, 11:12 PM)Hammerskjold Wrote: edited ps, on a more cereal mode. I think gaming at 1080 p will still be around for awhile longer, and the benefit of more powerful GPUs for gaming will be speed and smoothness overall. But IMO the 'MOAR REZ!' thing does hit a pretty solid wall of diminishing return after a certain viewing distance and application.

Yeah, I have no urge to upgrade from 1080p anytime soon. I might be convinced to go from my current 24" Samsung to a 27" in the future, but I just don't see the need for 4k and beyond.

I think it's hilarious about the current GTX 970 memory controversy. Apparently, the 970 has a dodgy way of using the final 0.5GB or RAM when the other 3.5GB is in use. Despite real-world benchmarks showing how the GTX 970 actually performs, some people are saying that it's somehow a "broken" card. I have no regrets about buying one. It's a great card for the money.
(02-04-2015, 04:40 AM)DeeBye Wrote: Yeah, I have no urge to upgrade from 1080p anytime soon. I might be convinced to go from my current 24" Samsung to a 27" in the future, but I just don't see the need for 4k and beyond.

IMO, the real difference is in the hertz. I see a HUGE difference between those 60hz screens (including plasmas claiming to be 600hz but are really ten-60hz sections) and 120hz screens, however I don't see much of a difference between 240hz and 120hz. But like I said, the difference is astounding, so much so I'd say it easily tripled my beauty and overall aesthetics of everything on screen, making blue ray movies look so real it's intense! From what I've seen, 4k television are beautiful, but all the sets I've seen in BestBuy, Fry's, and Costco are only slightly more noticeable in resolution than a 240hz 1080p set. I'd say a 4k tv at 240hz displaying true 4k media would be astounding, but I've never seen it...
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
lol

[Image: Za5tyxp.png]
More pictures and a 3DMark benchmark result.

[Image: NyK8xFV.jpg]

[Image: rF0N0Y8.jpg]

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/4050187
That looks awesome. The 3DMark proves it is. :-)
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

That Ewok sitting atop the case perfects the setup imo.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
(02-17-2015, 10:06 PM)kandrathe Wrote: That looks awesome. The 3DMark proves it is. :-)

Yeah, I'm fairly happy with the look. I think I would've preferred blue LED fans, but the red ones are growing on me. Now I kind of wish I had a red LED keyboard and mouse to go along with it, but I like my current AZIO keyboard and Logitech G502 mouse too much.

The 3DMark surprised me a little bit. I know I have some horsepower, but I haven't overclocked anything. After hearing how quiet and cool the H60 liquid CPU cooler is though, I might try a mild overclock just to try it out.

The SSD is my favourite. Windows boots in just a few seconds, and everything is responsive. I wish I got a larger one. I might watch out for deals on decently large and fast ones purely for game installs. 120GB is enough for Windows and a few games, but I can see myself running out of room soon enough.

I love that I have a gaming PC that I know will last me for a few years, and has a good upgrade curve.

(02-19-2015, 01:29 AM)Taem Wrote: That Ewok sitting atop the case perfects the setup imo.

I got Wicket as a Christmas present about 15 years ago, and he's always been placed on top of my computer as sort of a good luck charm. The first one he stood on was a Pentium 3 600Mhz machine, and he's stood guard throughout the years. I didn't even turn on my new one until Wicket was in place.
(02-19-2015, 02:34 AM)DeeBye Wrote: The 3DMark surprised me a little bit. I know I have some horsepower, but I haven't overclocked anything.

The 3DMark score is mostly based on the GPU, I presume.

When I built my computer, it was primarily intended for programming while running multiple VMs at once, so as such, mine outspecs yours when it comes to CPU (i7-4790), RAM (32Gb DDR4-2400Mhz), MoBo (ASUS Rampage IV), and SSD (512Gb Samsung 840 PRO). I don't play many graphic-intensive games though, so I went with a less powerful GPU (GeForce GTX 680). CPU and RAM are overclocked.

I only get about 8000 on the same 3DMark test.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields