Looking for good website design forms
A little background: I've known how to code vba (vb6) for years, but recently learned vb.net and really enjoy it. I've found a few excellent forums for discussing vba and vb.net respectively where the forum members are eager to assist and excited to see you learn.

So recently, I've been getting into website design and learned html and css rather quickly with bootstrap - was pretty simple actually. I thought it would be more like coding, but it's not even close... I'd liken html/css more to English, where you're sculpting a thing of beauty with your words, whereas vb is more like math. At first, I didn't like html/css, but after making a few websites, I'm starting to enjoy it, especially the challenge of making each website look the same in every browser and on every device. Anyway, I've gone as far as I can with with just html and css and I really have to learn php and jscripting now, which leads me to my real question; I'm wondering if anyone here could point me to some solid references for php and jscripting other than w3schools, and a forum for discussing php/jscript code similar to the ones I described above. If so, I'd be eternally grateful, as I'm having difficulty discovering proper resources for this venture.

If you'd like to poke around and see what I've been up to, take a look here; maybe you have some ideas for me, like how the hell to get googlemaps scaleablem, or how to get my logout working with php, or why my figcaption stopped working over the pic of my boss: website
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin