Darkest Dungeon
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to make sure everyone here knew about Darkest Dungeon. It's a rogue-like turn-based dungeon crawler, clearly inspired by Diablo, and more than that, by the *original* Diablo. It's slow and atmospheric, with an emphasis on strategy, position, and the risks of digging just a little deeper for better rewards. Light and darkness mechanics play a major role, as does sanity and mental breakdown. The art style is a comic book Gothic, evoking a lot of the feel of Tristram.

I haven't played terribly much of it so far, but what I have seen has been very satisfying. But just on first impressions, I'd say this is an excellent fix for anyone looking to satisfy an old school Diablo craving. Anyone with more experience with it care to chime in?

-Jester
Have you played it more since your initial impression post?
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
I have this game on my 'purchase' list, after I beat some other games I have that I just don't seem to have time to play.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
I would highly suggest against getting it now. The latest patches have taken the game from difficult, but fun to down right frustrating. It seems the developers don't have a good vision on where they really want to go.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
What, are they trying to replicate Tome of Horrors from AD&D?
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
That's an apt way of putting, but yes, that's what it seems right now.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
(07-23-2015, 02:12 AM)Occhidiangela Wrote: What, are they trying to replicate Tome of Horrors from AD&D?

I just had a PTSD reaction at work. Tell my co-workers if they need me I'll be under my desk.