An Oral History of Diablo II
US Gamer has an amazing read posted yesterday entitled In Their Own Words: An Oral History of Diablo II. Interviews conducted with the original Blizzard North/Condor team that developed the original Diablo including David Brevik, Max Schaefer, and Erich Schaefer describe the team mentality, the lessons learned, and the development process of the first two games.

David Brevik Wrote:There was no definitive design document [for Diablo II]. There was a loose structure. "Hey, I know we wanted to go here for Diablo 1, this is kind of the first act. This is kind of the story we're telling there." And then we get to the second act, and "Hey, where do we want to go," and then, "Oh, I got this idea for this level, it's going to be in space, it's going to be awesome." And we'd mock it up. "Yeah, that's great. Doesn't make any sense in the story, but what the hell, it's kind of cool."
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Thanks Bolty. Interesting read. It made me get the gumption to go download DII+LOD off BNet, and reinstall, then upgrade to 1.13d. The boys and I are taking some chars through Act II now. I'm going with my standard glass cannon bowazon, the elder boy opted for the skelemancer, and the youngest is going zealot paladin, with vengeance. We haven't played this together for 8 or more years.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

What do you have to do with the graphics card to make it work?
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Interesting last word by Erich Schaefer

No regrets. It ruined a lot of lives, but it was worth it
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete