Giving DIII a fresh look
I had bought DIII way back at launch. I ran one char though the story, and then hit an endgame wall. This was during the ramp up of the Auction House. I played around trying to farm up some gear and sell it, but soon lost interest in this kind of mechanism for gearing up. I had heard the AH was shutting down, however I hadn't been keeping up with their changes in game play.

Last week, with WOW content exhausted until end of August, I dusted off my languished DIII. After playing awhile, I found a great many changes and decided to upgrade it to ROS. I really love what they've done with the end game. Love the paragon levels, the rift and greater rift system, the cube, special items (legendary potions, gems) and crafting in general.

They have taken my single biggest gripe with the whole Diablo franchise, and forced me to rethink. You see, I cut my teeth on RPG's when they were done on paper. You might spend a whole weekend adventuring with friends, break even on repair costs and maybe have found a new +1 protection ring, or perhaps a +2 strength belt. Hardly the Monty Haul of magic items raining from the sky that defines what is Diablo lewtz.

In this relaunch, I need to rethink all these item drops as just another resource to be consumed for crafting. Like gold used for merchants, items break down and reform into character power. With end game fairly limitless, this end game is now a more interesting challenge.

I am impressed. It seems they at long last have listened to their fan base, understood their mistakes and have made the game fun again.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

I haven't stopped playing D3 since launch, but the game is in a much better place now. Many more viable builds, and you can actually use what you find much more easily. Season 5 was overall my best season, and I ground out 925 Paragon levels. For S6 I'm going to split my time more between standard and hardcore modes, so I don't expect to accumulate as much Paragon. Playing WD in SC and Barb in HC. Feel free to add me if you want some company.
Battletag: Aahzmadius#1570

B.net profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aahzm...570/career
I find I end up leveling up one character in each season, and then spend perhaps 5-10 hours doing rifts before they bore me and I stop for that season.

Last season, I think I got up to around 100 paragon levels before I stopped.
[Image: NewSig.png]
Release your inner dwarf. . .then get him some ale.
WoW Characters:
-Stormrage: Espy, Cafelam, RareCross, EspyLacopa
Tossed my hat into Season 6 (late), and got my free set out of it. Made more progress in a few days on that toon than I did after a few years on my original DH. Not sure what that says about the game, either back then or now, but I've been having fun with it.

With Season 7 starting I might try my hand at a new toon - thinking maybe a Crusader, but might even stick with ranged and go Witch Doctor or Wizard. Really haven't made up my mind yet. Just been grinding up my DH (just broke Paragon 300), trying to push higher into Greater Rifts and acquire better gear. Progress has been slower, but it's still a "fun" grind.

I'll have to keep an eye for Lurkers when I'm on (Tuesdays and Thursdays, generally). Wouldn't mind some company through the Season. Might be the only way I get that extra Stash Tab, since I don't see any way I can do it on my own.

Hope to see some friendly faces.
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Roland, CB-13 (skully) and I are on now and again in hardcore. Season Seven I've gone with a monk, and for the set I went with the Wizard and Tal Rasha's set that brings meteors down at random times ... trying to get the most out of that takes a bit of practice and a good connection.

My Crusader this season has found absolute rubbish for items, though I do have four of Roland's set. :-) Sadly, those bonuses are not the skills I tend to use. Maybe I need to reconsider the skill mix and make the most of the Roland set items.

What allows us to level faster is both Adventure mode, and a whole host of items that give buffs to stuff, and then the new cube that allows you to pile effects on.

The original game's grind didn't have level compensated monsters, which meant that the CL to ML curve could easily go out of whack.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
With the new patch I've recently regained interest in D3 once again.

For most of my time playing D3, I've pretty much played Wizard as my main but I'm giving Demon Hunter a try again (for the first time since launch!) and can't believe how much better the class is now than it used to be. I just started playing the class again last week running a Marauder build. It's pretty crazy how powerful this set is, and supposedly it's been nerfed and isn't even the strongest build for DH anymore.

Here is my progress, gear and paragon after a week's play:

I've actually made a couple improvements after this video was recorded - upgraded my Zoey's belt to an Ancient and augmented it, and completed a GR lvl 69 - previous best was 67. It was pretty hard though. Really need to complete a 70 so I can start getting Primal Ancient gear to drop.

Here's a couple rifts I've done, so you can see what the build looks like in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezWA-zPaK_c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx4KSjG2suk
Finally completed GR lvl 70 last night, and found my first Primal Ancient - a pair of Hellwalkers from the Unhallowed Essence set. Rolled with 650 Dex, 650 Vit, 130 RA, and 15% Multi-Shot dmg bonus. I have a full ancient set of this that I've yet to try out. The consensus seems to be that its the top Demon Hunter build/set right now but I'm having too much fun with the Marauder 6 build.

I'm not sure how I'd feel about getting a full PA set of Marauders, just cause I've already found Ancients of all the pieces and used Caldesann's Despair on them, which was/is a lot of work.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
So is anyone still playing?

I've recently switched over to playing an Impale build (with Shadow's Mantle) set on DH, and its insane how powerful this is. Makes Marauders or UE look like a joke honestly. GR lvl 70 elites are killed usually in under 10 seconds (sometimes in 2-3 seconds!), even when they have the most dangerous affixes like frozen/frozen pulse, arcane, waller, reflect, etc. The build reminds me much of the Assassin class from D2, as the DH forgoes the use of a bow/xbow in favor of a dagger (specifically, Karlie's Point). My profile dps is like 700k less than with my Marauder set but I have at least double the toughness and probably double real damage, and I've only put Caldessan's Despair on 2-3 pieces so far whereas my Marauders is fully enchanted. By the time I finish enchanting this set, and upgrading another slot or two, I think she should be able to do GR 80 with little trouble.

If anyone wants to farm T13 or GR 65-70 with me, let me know. I play non-season only.

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
Big Grin What a sweet find. Instantly used Caldesann's Despair on it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Have enjoyed the Necromancer. Not sure if I'll play next season or not.
In Memory of Pete
(11-08-2017, 02:09 AM)Occhidiangela Wrote: Have enjoyed the Necromancer. Not sure if I'll play next season or not.

I've been playing this current (12th) season. Crusader this time around. I have found the Necromancer quite enjoyable - a real powerhouse. Think I might stick it out a bit this time around, and see what Season 13 brings.
Roland *The Gunslinger*
I am farkling around with a barb again, in season 13. did a necromancer in 12. Fun, but I almost never saw CB-13 when I was on, which made me sad.
In Memory of Pete
(02-06-2018, 04:49 PM)Roland Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 02:09 AM)Occhidiangela Wrote: Have enjoyed the Necromancer. Not sure if I'll play next season or not.

I've been playing this current (12th) season. Crusader this time around. I have found the Necromancer quite enjoyable - a real powerhouse. Think I might stick it out a bit this time around, and see what Season 13 brings.
Hmm, I got my crusader to torment 8 a month or so ago and then ... just didn't go back in. I was going to work toward the higher diff levels and then ... it went away.

I'll see if season 17 gets my spark lit again.
In Memory of Pete
Look me up if you want a power level or carry in HC. S16 is my best yet. I'm playing a DH and have cleared a GR 104 and accumulated about 1,430 Paragon so far. Of course, I've been distracted lately by D1 on GOG...
Battletag: Aahzmadius#1570

B.net profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aahzm...570/career